“If you are looking for Food Poisoning, go there”
Review of SOHO

SOHO
Ranked #128 of 280 Restaurants in Punta del Este
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went there for a dinner, and regreted it.The only thing that wasn't a disaster was the effort of the waiter, which kind of tried his best. My girlfriend and my mother got the worst fish ever(considering the restaurant is at the port, it's pretty sad, I probably could have cought some better fish while waiting for them to bring it) it was defrosted and frozen again, then probably defrosted and served to us. Furthermore one of the breads was way passed over and the other one was as hard as a rock(I literally couldn't divide it and i'm a fat rugby forward)They even refused to refund us for the rotten fish, which would have been the least they could do after such a disaster.
tldr: don't go, everything is horrible

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch with a friend and had an a amazing evening. My friend ordered a "chivito" which is a typical uruguayan dish and was delicious! I tried the fish with tapenade sauce with a grate of potatoes that was very very good too. Best part was the dessert! A chocolate cake with orange sauce and strawberries with candy on the top and ice cream on the side as you may see in the picture. Very beautiful and yummy. We had some drinks too, specially recommend the absolut apple frozen.
Plus tip: At night the place turns into a club, you have all kind of music and 2 dancefloors. We came back at night and had the best night in our vacations in Punta del Este! So much fun! Definetly a must go if you are in town

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We came for a cocktail after dinner and the service was absolutely awful. We ordered a bottle of wine, after waiting for 15 minutes the waiter came and said that bottle was not available and just brought us something else (more pricey). I ordered a tiramisu, which never arrived and once we asked the bill we waited 30 minutes and then everntually had to stand up and paid at the counter. When we informed the waiter about all of this he was extremly rude and did not even apologize. Stay away from this place!

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I had dinner at this place the other night, we asked for a table for 6, they gave us the tables but were apart, so when one of us tried to stick the tables together a waitress came through and screamed to us “YOU CAN’T DO THAT”

Anyway

I ordered salmon ceviche as a starter, and it was served with nacho chips (what?) the ceviche portion was super tiny and it came in these three little compote-like recipients, as a main course I ordered terikayi salmon with indian rice, which was just plain white rice... the teriyaki salmon was ok though.

I attempted to ask the waitress for ice TWO TIMES, the first time she told me she’d bring it to me in a minute, and the second time she just ignored my request.

At last, we asked for the check. We wanted to pay it individually but the waitress told us that we can only split it in 3 pays (???) So, I was checking the receipt to know how much I should’ve paid and -unbelievably- the waitress ripped off the receipt from my hands. I was shocked and super uncomfortable.

Long story short: I’m not returning to that place. Ever again.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Very BAD attention!! I suffer an allergic reaction and almost died after eat a shrimp and nobody help me/guide me in any way to get a quick solution. Before go out they request payment (food and water to slow dawn the reaction) and tip (also)...... Everybody knows allergic reaction is very dangerous, less than that people of Soho. IT WAS A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!! I'd pay around 100$ for 1 pasta, 1 pizza, 1 wine, 4 waters and a BIG PROBLEM.