See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Start with location, nothing near hotel to get something to eat. Half hour walk to a Subway sandwich. Lobby has four girls at the counter. Not one is competent. We were booked for 2 nights. They could not find our booking. Took over half an hour to locate our booking, in the meantime a fellow from France arrived and had similar problems. This was scary as after our cruise we were coming back in 12 days and had booked anther two days in this foul place. Breakfast was a total disaster, it was entertaining to watch others come in, look and walk out. Two slices of white bread, not even toasted with jelly. Dry corn flakes, weak coffee and something out of a container that was labeled orange drink. Room very dark, TV needed to be operated by calling the front desk. They have exchange rates framed over the front desk but minimum exchange is $100. Needless to say when we came back after 12 days, same insanity over again. They could not find our reservations. Blames it on some girl who is no longer with them. Only positive thing was we were able to get a glass of ice from a dining room assistant. At half the price, we would never stay here again. Hotel own ads state 3 Stars, try finding that when you get there. No mention of it on the building!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank skoschal
Reviewed 23 November 2016

The reception staff were not customer oriented at all! No flexibility for the guest.. it says breakfast included but it was not served properly, it was just 2 breads and jams! even to pay extra it was not available..u have to order from outside. We will definitely not come back anymore..it was not a good idea..better to pay higher rate in other hotel at least we will get good service..

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed there a couple of weeks back. The first impression was not good already but since we're very tired and just wanted to have a place to crash, we decided to give this hotel a try. Hotel ambience was dark and a little bit eerie. Entrance was at the back of the main road. There was only one person at the reception - seemed friendly so we carried on. Our room was on the first floor so we just used the stairs. The room was a little bit dark as well as the Bathroom which was not that clean - They really need to scrub those tile grouts. There was only one hanger, only one bath towel, only one slipper and only one bath robe and no dental kit - it was fine as we have our own but it's annoying that you have to request for those standard things. Even the TV was not working. Well, we cannot really find anything good to say except for a semi-accommodating receptionist. They really need to improve a lot on this place. Price was the same as other hotels but really it is not worth to spend your money on this place. .

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AA19850907
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Bear in mind when reading my review that I was looking for the cheapest room but without the rats that others spotted in alternative cheap hotels and I was staying for the Formula 1 grand prix weekend!

Official address is Defence Road but online maps call it Aradah St. I live in Saudi and it's the same there with most streets having at least 2 totally different name however all the taxi drivers know the hotel by name.

I have a dual sim phone, Zain and O2, both have local agreements in all other countries I have visited however here there was no Zain coverage but O2 was tied with ETISALAT and did provide coverage. You can buy an ETISALAT weekend SIM with 1GB of data for 100AED.

Arrival, when you are tired this may catch you out, there are 2 doors, reception and hotel room access, reception is on the left, watch footing as pavement is stepped. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Room, mine was on second floor via the lift which required the room card to enable floor selection, 2 card locked doors to get into room. Sleeping area is fine, curtains wouldn't open but view is of across the road, so not missed. Air con works well, fridge with single water bottle inside, hot drink shelf with kettle, beverages and water bottle. Bed was firm and I slept well each night. The bathroom main fixtures were all in good condition continuing the rooms positive vibe however when you pull back the shower curtain, that positive mood disipates rapidly. The shower mount was loose and unusable with grime on the wall under below it and upon usage you discover it also has really low water pressure, so much so it's easiest to drag the shower head across your body! However on a positive note the temperature range was good and there was a blue topped tap on wall which was so tight I couldn't open it, it may have been extra cold water but I never got around to determining its true purpose. To cap off the dismal bathroom there was water leaking from somewhere on floor which was reported and minimised.

Breakfast, as others have stated consisted of cornflakes and not so fresh bread with the staff's choice of hot drink, I requested black coffee no sugar and got an impossibly sweet white coffee. All food is catered with disposable cutlery and plates, I only used the breakfast service on the first morning.

Transport, they won't call a taxi for you but flagging down one of the official silver cabs outside the hotel took no more than 10 minutes, each day.

Check out, was simple with no surprises however as my brain had already fled the building I couldn't remember my room number but a quick swipe of the room card resolved the issue and I was free to go with no surprise charges.

Would I use again, if they sort out the bathroom and either fix or give up the promise of breakfast then definitely yes. However until then I would go elsewhere.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Igorgriffiths
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I ended up staying here briefly as I was passing through after a very late night flight. Customer services were very hit and miss but more often a miss although there late night staff werequite friendly. The room is quite large and comfortable but extremely outdated. Wifi worked well but the TV was not at all working. The bathtub is long overdue for replacing. While trying to shower, the floor off the tub bubbled at least two inches off the floor. There was also no hot water what so ever. Ok place to crash for a night but wouldn't stay here for longer periods of time

Date of stay: February 2015