“A fantastic welcome”

Al Raha Beach Hotel
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 October 2017

To Mr George and all his staff, a huge thank you for another splendid holiday. This was our ninth visit and we weren't disappointed - I'm sure we'll return to this hotel again - for us it ticks all the boxes. All parts of the hotel are clean and well cared for. Staff are polite and eager to please and nothing is too much trouble whether it's moving a brolly, serving food and drink, ordering a taxi,etc, - everything is done with a smile and a pleasant attitude. The themed evening dining, which we really liked, has been replaced with international cuisine, but the chefs were only too eager to prepare our favourite dishes and desserts. There is building at the opposite side of the Gulf but this in no way bothered us. The hotel is approximately 30 minutes from Abu Dhabi town but taxis are relatively cheap and the concierge know the prices and will do the ordering. Taxis are metered. There is a mall adjoined to the hotel and for more shopping the hotel runs a free shuttle bu, which also goes to the Mosque and Yas Island . The hotel is well situated for the airport - only about 25 minutes away as is Yas Island, the home of the Grand Prix circuit (free on a Sunday and Tuesday evening), Ferrari World and Yas Water World. All staff deserve praise. We came in contact with some more than others and would like to thank, for their outstanding service, waiters Rommel, Rashel and Mamun, life guards Nemesh and Chamthi, receptionist Emy, concierge Anil and chefs Jackie and Kabir for the special mouthwatering meals and Abilash and Yasser for the wonderful desserts. Keep up your good work and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We like a Gulf View room facing Abu Dhabi town. These rooms are exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,435)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed a week at the Al Raha end of September as a solo traveller, looking for sun, sea and relaxation, and I got it in abundance. I've not travelled all over the world but would say this is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. I arrived 1:30am and took a 15 minute metered taxi outside the airport for about 50 dirham. Check in was quick and room was 317 based at the back. Whilst there was no view from my balcony it was massive, as was my room. Robes, slippers, kettle, teas, iron and a safe were provided as standard. My king bed was huge, as was the bath and shower. I felt extremely safe at all times. The weather was late 30's early 40's and the sea/creek was 35 degrees. I had a half board package and the food was amazing with a lot of variety, salads, breads, soups, sushi, indian and Chinese and roast meats and kebabs every night were a few of the many items served. Breakfast was delightful with either beef, turkey or venison bacon and sausages served with real baked beans as standard, fruits, abundance of pastries, egg stations etc. If I ordered from al la crate at lunch time I was never disappointed, the pizzas were huge. I found all of the staff were friendly & hard working as were their managers who were always busy either helping out or ensuring guests were catered to. Excellent staff and managers. The hotel is pure luxury and each of the 3 floors are accessed by key cards specific to your floor and side of the building. The pool was adequate and a good size with a separate Childrens pool that was all manned by numerous lovely pool guards. This hotel is child friendly with a small playground, big trampoline and bouncy castle. I spent most of my time on the man made beach (not the softest and a bit dark) over looking the creek. There is construction opposite and they are no where near finished and it does make noise 5 days of the week, however it does not disturb your peace. Every where was clean and you could enjoy the sauna and steam room. I would definietly visit Abu Dhabi again and this hotel. I had an amazing time and wish I could go back again. I'd like to thank the staff and managers (too many to mention) but these made an impression, Noel, Brian, Abdul, Chamith and Sohail, Vea and the pastry chef Abhilash for making a wonderful goodbye dessert.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, quality fittings and furniture. My room was very spacious and with a balcony overlooking the pool and beach. It was a nice touch to have the flower petals on the bed and towel wrapped up in the shape of an elephant on arrival.The staff were friendly and attentive in a relaxing atmosphere.

If I was to find a criticism, it was that the buffet restaurant became very busy and there weren’t enough staff to cope, took ages for me to be able to order a drink and request the bill.

McGettigans pub is right next door for great drinks, music and chat with all sorts of interesting people. The mall with various food outlets is next door to that.

The pool and beach area is really nice. A bit of construction happening over the other side of the beach, but hey, that’s the price of progress.

I recommend a stay at Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent top class Hotel. And friendly helpful staff which makes a difference
Very friendly and cheerful every morning
Fresh breakfast with huge choices of cooked cold fruit and great honey

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Al Haha. Samy is an excellent person .he loves his job and every day he did great towel toys. the room was clean on time. what ever We want something he made really available for us.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business