“Good, but I've been to better”

Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi
Ranked #11 of 110 things to do in Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Yas Waterworld is a waterpark with a true Emirati heart. It brings you wave after wave of experiences with over 40 rides, slides and attractions, where every memory counts.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went on nearly every slide/ride here. I would have gone on them all if some hadn't been closed, including the one I really wanted to try :(

If I hadn't had a gold pass to avoid the worst of the queues I don't think I'd have enjoyed this park much.

I'd really wanted to try Liwa Loop, where the floor drops away and you spiral down a tube a speed. It had been open in the morning, but wanting to build up to it, I waited until the early afternoon by which time something had gone wrong and it was closed.

Out of the other rides, Falcon's Falaj was probably the best but had long queues even for gold ticket holders.

This park is compact and they have managed to fit a reasonable number of good quality rides into the small space. It handily means there isn't too much walking.

It's not a patch on Siam Park in Tenerife but still well worth a visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,560)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"kids and adults"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Water, slides, fun, trills, sun, wave machine, kids area and even a rollercoaster - what else do you want?

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We signed up for the annual membership. It's definitely worth it if you're trying to escape the heat of the summer and give the children something to do especially during school break.
The main issue for us was the dress code. The type of a swimwear worn by adults, males and females, is sometimes very indecent and revealing. I wish there was some reinforcement or some guidelines for people coming into a conservative society to what is considered acceptable in this culture.
Would still go there but mostly wife and kids alone to the women-only night which is every Thursday…

YWWManagement, Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Ahmad N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on TripAdvisor.

We are happy that you and your family have been enjoying Yas Waterworld while making good use of your annual pass memberships.

We have also noted your comments about the dress code policy and would like to inform you that we do have a strict swimwear policy at the park and if guests don’t follow the park policy of wearing appropriate swimwear, the park’s management reserves the right to request them to change their attire, cover up, or even leave the premises. We also encourage our guests to address any concerns to us whilst at the park as we continually strive to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations of providing exceptional service to all our guests.

Rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the management team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the park soon.

Business Improvement Support Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My family enjoyed there first water park at this place. We spent the money and rented a large cabana which was nice. We had a location where everyone could meet. The cabana was nice because you are able to order food from the phone and they bring it to you. You have a safe and a small fridge with several waters, apples and oranges which are free. Anything after that you will need to pay. With the large cabana you are also allowed 1 free pearl dive. You dive in a 5 meter tank. This is not a large place and very safe to let kids 9 and up to run with a buddy system. This place is expensive but a good time. They have a roller coaster as well. Can get a little crowded and lines can be a little frustrating. We had several teenage kids cutting us in line. The weather was nice but the water was a very chilly.

YWWManagement, Business Improvement Support Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Jennifer T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor following your visit to Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi.

At Yas Waterworld we always take the time to review feedback, and we are pleased to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. We will ensure to share your review with the team.

With regards to the price, we would like to assure you that our prices are reviewed on a regular basis so that we remain competitive within the local market. In terms of Food and Beverage experience and queue crowd, should your time permit, I would appreciate further communicating with you about it. Please contact me through email at ashinde@farahexperiences.com

Once again thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ashok Shinde
Business Improvement Support Manager.
+971 (02) 414 2000

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We chose a hot, mid-week February day and the park was almost empty when we arrived. It was great as we didn’t have to wait in line for any of the rides, in fact, for the roller coaster, we did not even exit, we remained in our seats and took the ride 4 times in a row.
The rides can be fun, mostly the ones with the tubes, the lazy river is really lazy and not really fun, the pool with the vawes... well. I cannot imagine how is it there if the park is full of people, must be unpleasent to wait for the rides.
I thought the price was ok, but the price of renting towels was a bit too much, while the white towels seemed wuite worn off, the pink&blue ones you can pay and keepl but they are more wipes than towels :)
Staff is friendly and proffesional, we did not eat there, just had a drink and a watermelon.
Worth combining with Ferrari World across the street to save some travel time&money from the city and you get a discount for buying tickets for both. But you must choose a day when it’s not crowded.
I visited Atlantis Water World 2 years ago and found it much better if you are in the area.

Dear nstravelman28,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor following your visit to the Park in February and we would like to thank you for the positive comments regarding the park, our colleagues and the overall experience.

As you mentioned about busy days, our colleagues are well trained to manage such situations and the queues effectively in order to make the queuing as efficient as possible ensuring that every guest in the queue gets fair opportunity to enjoy our wide variety of rides, slides or attractions.

I have further noted your comments related to the product and services. Should your time permit, I would appreciate further communicating with you about it. Please contact me through email at ashinde@farahexperiences.com

Once again, thank you for the review, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Business Improvement Support Manager