“Unacceptable”

Chinoy Haven
Ranked #1,419 of 2,172 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Went there for my SO's birthday. Ordered food and waited for past 30 minutes then only got approached by waitstaff when I asked why is the food taking too long to be served. She said sorry, that was fine. Served us a bowl of peanuts. Then when the food came, they served us one wrong item. I asked for bagnet but they served us crispy pata so naturally I was wondering if maybe they changed the way they cook bagnet. Turned out the order taker took one wrong order and added an extra "crispy pata" on our list. Then waitstaff instead of taking the bagnet away cuz it was untouched, asked me if we wanted to do take away for it. I was actually a bit mad this point on but was controlling my irritation so my SO didn't want any issue with that and reluctantly said "it's fine." Then time to get the bill. The printer was not working so the breakdown of food items was not there so we don't know if they added something to our list that we did not take. I mean come on! This is not acceptable service.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

In Abu Dhabi for a trade event and took our 8 strong team for a meal at this seemingly well recommended restaurant. On arrival the signs were not good with only three people eating in the restaurant. I asked for the wine menu and the waitress came back with 4 bottles of red. "Is this a sample of some of your wines?" I asked. "No sir that is all the wines we have"! "What four different types?" "No sir, these four bottles are all we have!" At that point a six piece Filipino band appeared out the shadows, took to the floor and started bellowing out a tune at a volume any night club would have been proud of! I took one look at the horrified faces of the 7 of our staff and made the call to leave.
How any restaurant thinks that people are going to enjoy their meal with music so loud as to make your ears bleed is beyond me!

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Very good meal, reasonably priced with a very attentive wait staff. The restaurant was very quiet the evening I ate there.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

The place is relaxing with their music.
The dishes are delicious.
Servers are polite and helpful.
The location is accessible.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

So this is a chinese bar/ restaurant. This place actually serves phillipino food which is so tasty, menu variety is huge and actually fresh. Staff is fresh and energetic. It's not a fancy place but delivers to its promise of decent price and good food. I highly recommend this place for a night out with friends or after work