“Don't judge the hotel by name.”

Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel
Ranked #85 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I'd visited hotel on business. From outside it was looking good but just entering the door i was shocked to see the reception. You will enter from the ground floor and reception is on the 1st floor. Unfortunately nobody was there to guide me to the reception. i was looking for the reception and i was quite confused about the hotel. Later one porter came told me about reception. There was lift for 1st floor even though you have to carry your bags for few steps.

Reached to reception it wasn't more than a simple hall with 1 concierge table and reception counter. Reception guy was little difficult to understand and manage room according to my needs.

Overall room was just ok with basic amenities. Dont expect anything more.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Prince1627
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I recently completed an extended stay at the Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Although this hotel is an older property, my room was very clean, the services were very good, and their dining facilities provided good food at reasonable prices. However, prior to booking there are a couple of issues that you should be aware of. First, this property does not participate in the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Program. Being a Platinum SPG Member, you would expect the perks that you would normally receive when staying at a Sheraton Property. Second, this property still allows smoking onsite, even in their dining area. So definitely not a good situation if you are traveling with family.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was on the traffic side of the hotel, and was a little noisy on occasion.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank shinnerbock
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This is one of the oldest city hotels in the capital, with an excellent location and fine building. If you have some business in town you need to be in this area, and it has some helpful crew on board.
It all starts with the parking, it's down the road with no proper valet service. Then the aging interior, good thing this property was well built from first place.
Then there are the rooms, the upholstery and carpets has definitely seen some better days.
Food and beverage is too average, clean and full menu to choose from.
It is well priced, and I guess this is what you get for that rate.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

On this occasion,we were not staying at the Sheraton Khalidiya,but decided to go there,as we like Sheraton hotels,for dinner and to watch football in 3rd Avenue bar. (please see separate review)
Due to our dreadful experience in 3rd Avenue bar,I asked to speak to the Hotel Manager.
Eventually,after having great difficulty with Concierge and Security,Mr Chandra met me.
He did not want to understand my complaint about 3rd Avenue,he kept repeating that 3rd Avenue was under different management and nothing to do with the hotel.
On Sheraton Khalidiya website,3rd Avenue is shown as part of the hotel!!
As I was leaving,we were joined. By another Manager from the hotel Mr Joseph,who told me that the reason,we had not been served in 3rd Avenue was that it was Ramadan.
I pointed out to him that we had arrived shortly after the advertised Ramadan opening time,and that other guests were being served.
He was not interested in listening to me,just kept repeating ' It is not possible in Ramadan '
If this is the standard of Management in the Sheraton Khalidiya then I will never return and advise others to be careful before using this hotel for accommodation or dining

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank killiebill
Reviewed 6 June 2017

even though No other customers It took long to check in. Two People in the Counter.One Give me the impression that he will Attend to me . After some time he walked away without telling me anything.Then i have to wait for the other one who is busy on the computer.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank chekkamu
SheratonAlkhalidiya, Manager at Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Chekkamu,

Thank you for staying with us.

We truly apologize for the delay during your checking in. This issue has been shared with the front office team for immediate action. We hope you will get the chance to visit us again soon.
Best regards.