The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
US$137
US$126
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$404
US$161
Jumeirah.com
US$132
US$78
  • Pool
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$49
US$248
US$181
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$101
Agoda.com
US$188
US$173
  • Pool
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$55
Beach Rotana(Abu Dhabi)
US$139
US$95
2,749 results
All reviewsbutler servicesaadiyat islandolea restaurantmanhattan loungeadult poolocean suitekids clubsea viewasian restaurantfamily poolbeautiful resorthalf boardmain poollife guardshuge bathroommain restaurantrain shower
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived after a long flight late in evening and shown to our room. As it wad evening we were unable to verify the view. Unfortunately late in the night (between 11 & 2) there was lots of noise from down the corridor which appeared to be hotel staff/cleaners/porters shouting & laughing loudly. I could just about understand this mid morning but not middle of the night. To make matters worse upon waking we opened the curtains to go out onto the balcony expecting garden views, to be greeted with an imposing wall and tower cranes further behind. Not what we expected or indeed paid for! We are only 12 hours into our stay but certainly not a good start.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam_85UK
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Adam_85UK

Thank you for sharing with us the experience from your current stay at the St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi. I am terribly sorry that your first experience with the resort was not up to your expectation. Please accept my sincere apology that you have been disturbed during the night. Your comment has been shared with the team to ensure that the same incident would not be repeated.

I wish you enjoy the rest of your stay at the resort.

Best regards,
Marwan Fadel

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Beautiful ambience, excellent service and a wonderful beach rounds up a very nice stay in a hotel, that has a fantastic restaurants and beach front bars. Can't wait to come back. I like the adult only pool area for couples without kids and an endless white beach with a bit of a surf, depending of time of the year.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view - high floor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric Z
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We have stayed on Saadiyat three times previously, at the Park Hyatt. That is a really great hotel, so we were a little apprehensive about staying at the St. Regis. We needn’t have worried, it was really good. What stops is from being really great are a number of easy to fix issues. We were there for 8 days. Let’s start on the positives;

We stayed in a sea view superior double. We had a room on the 3rd floor at the far end of the eastern wing. It was a really great room, very big, excellent facilities and a super view. The outstanding features were the shower and the bed. It was unbelievably quiet, other than a bird that was nesting in our balcony, which was actually quite nice . The room was very clean and kept that way by the extremely efficient staff. Our check in was really well handled and effortless.

We went to the adult pool everyday and always had great seats. The pool is effectively run by Benjamin a really nice lad from Uganda. The service at the pool was outstanding and included copious amounts of free mineral water(the Park Hyatt charges for water). The pool area and pool is well laid out and really clean. It’s also very quiet and peaceful.

Breakfast at Olea was good fayre. Again everything was very efficient and well presented. There was lots of choices and options. We really enjoyed it very much.

We ate Dinner in the hotel only once at Sontaya, which was fantastic and highly recommended. The reason we ate there only once is because of the real pleasant surprise of our trip - The Collection! This is a small complex of restaurants and shops. There is a great little supermarket called Spinneys, which has everything you might possibly need (except booze). Of the restaurants the Lebanese is fantastic and we ate there 3 times. Great food and they serve alcohol if you want it. Very good value. As is the Indian adjacent to it. Shakespeare & Co is a wonderful cafe. Great food, from breakfast to dinner, and really great value. There is a Japanese called Koi, which we didn’t get to and an American called Caramel. We tried to go there but were duped by a Ladies Night stunt - avoid!

Two negatives, one really small and one really easy to fix. The former first; the beach is really quite stony, compared to the Park Hyatt only 400 metres up the coast. Not sure why, it just easy. To be clear here, it’s only stony at the foreshore and not where the beds are, as I say a small issue. The bigger issue is the Manhattan Lounge. Possibly the worst service I have ever had at a top hotel, maybe in fact any hotel!! In particular during the 3 hour happy hour. The table service is awful. And there is no need for it. It wasn’t busy on any of the 8 nights we stayed there. The staff are disorganised and feel really disenfranchised and uninterested. The bar seems to be run by a European chap. I found himself be a wee bit arrogant. It felt like we were doing him a favour by being there. This is easily resolved with some training and a manager that had more passion. Put Benjamin in charge of the Manhattan Bar and you would see am immediate and profound change for the better!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Finbarr D
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I visited the St Regis at Saadiyat this weekend with my family and absolutely loved it! Firstly the check-in staff was very kind, friendly and helpful especially with my children. Oksana who helped upon check in and check out, was absolutely amazing, understanding helpful, clear in her communication and always smiling. She was impressive, as well as her supporting staff. The beach, pool were amazing, clear, clean and the staff was friendly, including Alex who worked at the pool bar. Two comments which i would like to make is 1. A better selection of restaurant, I felt the international buffet was normal (not up to st regis standards) and the service busy and slow and the lady working at restaurant reservation was rude and dry. My suggestion is to have more restaurant options, maybe 1 additional for families. Other than that amazing! thank you st regis, oksana, alex and stuff.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank LEBANISZ
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Visited saadiyat for our his&her birthday weekend and boy weren’t we shocked!!! Agreeable it stands in a nice piece of land but the hotel is very much outdated! The room overlooking the so called “garden” which was literally a tree and some sprinkler pipe outside the room right next to an entrance to the building is not the kind of garden view I was expecting.....rooms were a little bit tooooo slow plus we had to keep our blinds shut most of the day and night (especially the bathroom) as the windows were not tinted and seeing we were thrown on ground floor everyone could see through your business....leaving little to no privacy. We did ask to be moved by the lady told us the hotel was “fully booked” and this was indeed the best room available at the rate of 2500aed per night....and to upgrade to a suite I believe they were hiking the cost up to almost 3500 plus and I though heck no I would probably just be as disappointed.....
Breakfast area was like a little market overly crowded and zero organization, there were literally people making a line to be sat down.....and barely any patrons to help you it was basically figure your way around.....
Beach area was just as....crowded couldn’t even get a place to fit our beach bed so we hang around for probably an hour or less.....the beach itself I must admit was quite clean and very untouched....that I loved...
Restaurants.....hands down it goes to Sontanya.....had dinner there and it was simply amazing. The ambience, food, everything and they were just very so kind to get my other half a bday cake (eventhou I had to pay extra for it I think I paid an additional 45aed if I’m not too wrong) but you would think it would come as a complimentary right? But all in all Sontanya service was worth the additional cost.....
The rest of the restaurants I recall having to literally go find the waiter myself as they paid little to no attention during lunch hour taking into consideration the restaurant was very empty with like 3 guests so that ticked me off even more....and the food took over half hour to come through...this was the restaurant outside the breakfast area.....
Basically the stay was soooooo not worth it and the 2nd night we opted to go out for dinner and not eat at the hotel due to the poor service and went down to Zuma which was just spectacular (a must visit).
By the time we checked out all I kept asking myself was....surely what is the fuss about this hotel it was below average and definitely not value for money!!!! There must be better resorts in AD, surely they must be......but hey that’s my opinion....certainly wouldn’t return in all honestly or recommend it for that high price.....you would expect some better quality and service....just saying.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilwaks
Stregis_Management, Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear lilwaks,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience following your recent visit to the St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi.

Please accept my sincere apology that you have found the service in some area of the resort below your expectation; namely the busy breakfast and beach. We always aim to deliver the St Regis Service experience and I am so sorry that we have failed in this occasion.

Having said that, I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional experience at Sontaya restaurant, with food and service provided in particular.

Thank you once again for staying at the resort. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the not so distant future.

Best regards,