All reviews the executive lounge al wahda mall jw steakhouse mall across the street rooftop pool large mall lounge access gold member bedroom apartment downtown abu dhabi outstanding staff bus station extended stay amazing room front desk staff food outlets weekend stay
Reviewed 6 October 2018

I stayed 7 night in this hotel. The staf all are verry friendly. From receptions until the service persons at the rooftop restauran. The shoping centre just cros the street there we can find most everything.foodcourt..apothek..and shops.

Room Tip: Big room with modern bathroom. Good quality of bed.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I visit Abu Dhabi on regular basis, the Marriott down town stays to be my favorite hotel.

The service, location and ambiance continue to be the essence of enjoying my trips at the Marriott downtown.

The hotel rooms are on the large size and with a beautiful view of Abu Dhabi city.

The executive louange on the 20th floor has an amazing staff and view as well. The louange employees invest their best efforts in providing guests with the kind of service where you feel you are totally spoiled. :)

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
David L, General Manager at Marriott Hotel Downtown, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Amin A,

Thank you for staying with us at Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi and taking the time to share your wonderful experience.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms and the convenience of our location which is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi. As well as to our Executive Lounge that caters with every guest needs with its exceptional views from the 20th floor. Our Executive Lounge Team strives to make sure that all of our guests will have a memorable and remarkable stay by providing them with their friendliness and personalized service.

We are grateful that you always choose Marriott Downtown as your business hotel and considering us as your favorite. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in Abu Dhabi!

Kind Regards,
David Lance

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Often travel to Abu Dhabi but never stayed here. Not as personal as some of the other 5 star properties but it is probably the best value for business travelers... Marriott Platinum but no upgrade... surprised as I checked reservations before I checked in and plenty available. No matter, King Room was large and didn’t need more space. In fact could have used a larger television!

Lounge staff were exceptional and food was good and plenty available. In fact it is more like dinner the hor’derves. Great staff very friendly and helpful. Will be back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Perfect location in downtown Abu Dhabi. The superior room is spacious, very clean and simple and elegant interior. I love the bathroom that has separate bath and shower. Bath amenities were awesome. It's one of the hotels that provides hair conditioner and that's a big plus for us long haired ladies. The staff were great and they respond to requests and inquiries even before checking in very quickly. They were able to grant my request for an anniversary decoration & sweets in the room. They missed to give the requested Proseco though. But that doesn't disappoint me at all. Our favorite is the staff at Kuzbara restaurant. We went there for the Friday brunch & I couldn't ask for a better service. All the staff are very lovely and attentive. The pool on the 25th floor is so chill & relaxing. They have good gym equipment too. I've already recommended the hotel & brunch in Kuzbara to my friends.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear April S,

Thank you for choosing Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi and taking the time to share your lovely experience with us.

It is a great delight to know that you had a wonderful anniversary celebration at our hotel by exceeding all of your expectations. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy all of the features of our superior room, the convenience of our location situated at the heart of Abu Dhabi, our pool at the 25th floor and our gym equipment. As well as to our staff who were able to attend to your requests and inquiries brilliantly, especially to the Kuzbara Team that made your EAT.PLAY.LAUGH Friday Brunch enjoyable.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and EAT.PLAY.LAUGH Friday Brunch at Kuzbara to your friends. We are looking forward to welcome you and your friends on your next visit!

Kind Regards,
David Lance

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Lovely staff, great facilities, convenient location - could not ask for a better hotel 5/5.

I have been staying at the Marriott Abu Dhabi Downtown for the past 4 months and have been able to discover the “ins and outs” of the hotel. I am extremely happy with my stay and would 100% recommend this hotel if you are visiting Abu Dhabi (for business or for pleasure). I’ll be here for another few months and am looking forward to it!!!

1. Staff – everyone that I have met at the hotel has been very pleasant to interact with. From the front desk concierge to the lobby staff, to the gym and pool staff, to the restaurant staff, to the executive lounge staff, to the sales staff – I have not met a single person who did not impress me with their manners, flexibility and courtesy. A++ for all the staff at the Marriott Abu Dhabi – all hospitality should strive to have the same level of service! I am sure this reflects well on management here as well!

• I want to give a special shout out to the following individuals who have made my stay extra pleasant: Executive Lounge – Vishnu, Lion, Jomie, Hajar, and Aliza/Memory (who are not with the Marriott Abu Dhabi anymore)… Sales – Bianca

2. Location – located right downtown, the Marriott Abu Dhabi is right next to Al Wadha Mall and Abu Dhabi Bus Station. I would say that Al Wahda Mall is the #2 mall in Abu Dhabi, after Yas Mall. You can basically find anything you want at the mall, and it is only a 1 minute walk from the hotel. Cab ride to the Corniche (beach area) is about 10 minutes, and you can get to the airport in around 35 minutes. You can also rent a car at Thrifty, which is located conveniently at Al Wahda mall!

3. Gym – as of September 2018, the Marriot Abu Dhabi has updated their gym facilities. There has always been a good array of treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes however they recently added a whole bunch of weights, including a squat/bench rack which makes this a “real gym” now. An Olympic sized barbell 20kg/45lb is available, in addition to an EZ Curl 12kg/25lb, a range of plates up to 20kg/45lb, and a range of free weights up to 20kg/45lb. A TRX system, half bosu ball, range of medicine balls, range of foam rollers, 2 skipping ropes and an assortment of plyo soft boxes are also available. Although slightly small, you can still get a very comprehensive workout in!

4. Rooms – the Marriot Abu Dhabi seems to have been renovated recently so all the rooms are quite new. TV’s are Samsung SmartTV’s with HDMI connectivity (if you want to bring a Chromecast, PS4 or hook up your laptop) and the beds and pillows are comfortable. Most of the room views range from the skyline of Abu Dhabi, to Al Wahda Mall / Al Reem Island. I’ve stayed in a few rooms and have been happy with all of them. Blackout blinds are in each room so you can be sure have complete darkness, if that’s your kind of thing.

5. Executive Lounge – very nice place to hang out if you have Platinum status. Breakfast is from 0600-1000 with made-to-order eggs, and a selection of hot food and beverages (alcoholic included) are available every day from 1730-1930, with drinks extending until 2130. Bonus points for the 3-4 dessert selection every day and also the jelly beans and gummy bears! The only thing I wish the lounge had was ice cream! Furthermore, the only channel on TV in the lounge is CNN - you will learn how to lip read very well as the TV’s are all on mute 99% of the time.

6. Restaurants – food is very good Kuzbara and the JW Steak House in the hotel. There are different theme nights at Kuzbara and brunch/dinner is a reasonable price (starts at 270 AED, all you can eat, all you can drink). JW Steak House is supposed to be one of the best brands around for steak. There is also a sports bar, Velocity, which has specials/cheap drinks – a nice place to unwind albeit a little smoky at times. There is also a rooftop shisha bar which is nice when the weather is a little cooler (winter time), though the shisha is pricey versus other local cafes (starts at 100 AED).

Pro Tips:
- Beach bags can be put together for you with towels and water, just call the concierge or visit the pool on the 25th floor

- For long term stays, guests may want to opt for self-parking (instead of valet), ask reception

- You can cancel elevator floors by triple tapping floor button

- No need to bring a power adapter! If your device is 110-220V the power outlets fit most plugs (i.e., US/Canada, UK/HK)
...
Minor Observations (not intended to put any negativity on the hotel, just my minor observations, most of which are outside of the hotel’s control or are insignificant):

- The washroom trash can design is kind of weird and requires a full “step” on the foot peddle to open the lid (instead of a gradual lift based on pressure on the peddle). I mostly resort to lifting the lid with my hand instead because it is difficult to open the lid with the peddle

- Try to enforce no smoking in non-smoking rooms. I know that this is out of the hotel’s control sometimes and that not much can be done unfortunately. I am sure that this is a rare occurrence. As I have a sensitive nose, I had to scrub down the room with Febreze, get an air freshener and leave cups of white vinegar around as the previous guest had smoked in the room (and used the soap tray as an ash tray). After my scrub down (and time), the room smells great though! I hope that no one else smokes in non-smoking rooms.

- I find that the exterior windows are a little dirty although I know it is difficult to maintain since the weather gets humid and there’s dust and sand etc. I have tried to take some pictures of the beautiful skyline however always get marks due to the sand/dust stains on the windows.  Update! Windows are being cleaned between October and November!

Thank you Marriott Downtown Abu Dhabi. I look forward to staying with you for another few months!
- Andy T