Hive Restaurant and Lounge
Open today: 14:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
Conviniant

Went to watch a champions league match and they had several tvs showing all the different matches... read more

Reviewed 5 October 2018
Knabuljebain
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
via mobile
Good relaxed bar

Visited the Hive in the intercontinental west bay a few times now and it is growing on me each time... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2017

from US$96.90
from US$99.00
from US$125.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021

I was there for the first time, and i was so lucky of having Stefany to serve me and take care of me all the time, her hospitality skills are remarkable. Had a great evening there, thanks a lot

Date of experience: August 2021
IcDohatheCity, Manager at Hive Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2021

Dear brownbARTndr,

On behalf of the Hive team, I would like to take the time to thank you for sharing your delightful review with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to know that our team were attentive and always ready to take care of your requests. Thank you for recognising their service, I am sure they will be pleased to hear your kind feedback.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Amil Weerasinghe

Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

If you want a relaxing and good time you should definitely visit this place. The staff is super amazing and accommodating. Feels just like home. Abu Saleh best manager, he will make sure you go out from with good mood.

Date of experience: October 2020
IcDohatheCity, Manager at Hive Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Dear sepilotfi,

Thank you very much for dining at Hive, and taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is great to see that you had an enjoyable time, and that we could meet your expectations regarding good food, friendly service, and atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2020

Every day been pleasure being in of the best lounge. Staff is just awesome ( esthete, joaney, rajesh and all) there no place like this. Thank you abu saleh always look after. Drinks and food are just great happy hour nice chose of Drinks. I would always visit this place also recommend people to visit as well.

Place is Nice spot lounge with deep house music.
Thanks and I would love to always come to such place like this deal with cheerfull staff.

Date of experience: October 2020
IcDohatheCity, Manager at Hive Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear jassima851,

Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

I was out for some early food and drinks. So again I found the place hive loung in intercontinental Doha the city. It's a great place for sport matches with the food and drink happy hour. Nice and great staff. I would like thanks rajesh and Joueny. Abu Salah take care me and my friend very well. Thank you dear amusing you guys.

Date of experience: October 2020
IcDohatheCity, Manager at Hive Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Dear maayyaassa,

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2020

Where to start!!!!!

I attended the bar yesterday with two friends. We were aware that happy hour ended at 8:00 so ordered our drinks at 7:55. The waitress came back and told us that we had missed the happy hour and would be paying the full price. We said that we would not be doing this as we ordered in time. Next, a waiter came to bring the drinks and told us that we HAD TO order food. We were not made aware of this when we booked the table, nor was this made clear on the menu. We said that we did not want food as we had just eaten. The waiter said he would speak to the manager. The manager then very rudely pointed and spoke about us and sent the waiter back who informed us again that we would need to order food. Again, we said that if this was the case, we would not want to stay in the bar. The waiter then went back to the manager who again pointed at use and spoke about our issue with the waiter rather than coming to us. The waiter came back and informed us that we would be allowed to stay as the manager 'had changed his mind'. As a table, we agreed to leave the bar due to the atrocious treatment.We did not touch the drinks and asked the waiter to take them away. Upon noticing we were leaving, the manager finally came to speak to us saying that we can stay just for drinks and with the happy hour price... this was too late. I was appalled by the manager's attitude. At no point do I blame the waiter/waitress as they were being told what to do by the manager at all times. He was extremely rude and made the whole experience uncomfortable. Furthermore, and most annoyingly, he treated each table differently. I asked other tables in the bar if they had ordered food and they said no (some of them had been there all day - pretty sure the rule is two hours but that is another matter).

I will not be revisiting the establishment due to the shocking attitude of the manager.

Date of experience: July 2020
IcDohatheCity, Manager at Hive Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2020

Dear sam_95_manchester

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do our best to satisfy everyone, so I was disappointed to read that your recent visit to Hive has left you feeling unsatisfied. I would like to apologize for the happy hour not being offered at the last minute and I understand your frustration.

With regards to the ordering of food, owing to the current situation our bars are closed and Hive is a restaurant, hence the food order is required. We strive to treat all our guests with the same amount of respect and care and I am disappointed to hear that you felt otherwise. I would be more than happy to discuss it further as well as invite you back for a true InterContinental experience. Please feel free to contact me at icdohathecity.dining@ihg.com.