All reviews souq waqif al jasra free tour falcon hospital golf buggy museum of islamic art la piazza your doorstep arabic coffee location is fantastic qatar airways arabic style other hotels beautiful room swimming pool walk in shower the air conditioning
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I booked the Souq Waqif for 2 nights through Qatar Airways and I couldn't be happier with my choice! I paid $100USD total for my 2 night stay; however, thanks to the hotel's awesome 24 hour check-in policy I actually got 3 nights of sleep there. My flight landed around midnight, and after asking a Qatar Airways rep to call the hotel for me, I hopped in a quick cab and arrived to the hotel around 2am. Note: I am a 23 year-old solo female traveler, and it was perfectly safe to get a cab or uber at that time of night from the airport to the hotel.

The Souq Waqif hotel is unique in that it is actually 9 different buildings, each with its own style. Any cab/uber will drop you off right at the main building where you can check in. Then one of the friendly hotel staff can drive you to the other buildings, if necessary, via golf cart. This was particularly helpful since I arrived late at night as mentioned.

I stayed in the Mirqab building and it was lovely. My room was immaculately clean (like the rest of Doha) and was finished in such a cool Arabian decor. I liked being in this building as this is where the hotel's pool is. If you book through Qatar Airways breakfast is not included, but in my opinion it's worth it to add on. It was 50QR for a wonderful breakfast buffet spread, eggs to order and any coffee/espresso drinks you'd like.

I also checked out the spa, which was a wonderful experience.

Location is fantastic right in the heart of Souq Waqif, close to Islamic Art Museum and only ~15 minutes from the airport.

I was so pleasantly surprised with the whole experience, and I hope I can take advantage of the Discover Qatar promotion again as I would definitely stay at Souq Waqif!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Keri G
SWBH, General Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear Keri G,

Thank you for your comment and for choosing Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli.
Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels is a collection of 9 unique exclusive hotels. Each hotel embraces the rich heritage of Qatar and are individually styled in contemporary design while also offering the best in traditional Qatari hospitality.
Our hotels are conveniently spread out in the Souq area which give our guests the advantage to enjoy the lively atmosphere just a step away from the comfort of their rooms.Indeed Souq Waqif is one of the outstanding Souq in the Gulf area and most touristic destination in Qatar.
Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance should you have plan of visiting us again in the future and we shall ensure that you will have an equally enjoyable experience in your next stay.

Claude Rababy

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We stayed at ARUMAILA Property. Every now and again you come across a hotel that combines great location (only 15 minutes to the airport and in the heart of old Doha), great service, great comfort and something special. This is it. The room we had was large, spotless and very well equiped. Some of the best shopping and restaurants are right on your doorstep - it's in the middle of the Souq. The Museum Of Islamic art is within walking distance (provided it is not too hot and humid). The complementary night tour of Souq Waqif organised by the hotel was terrific. The fantastic service continued after we checked out! We left a phone in our room and did not discover that until we were about the go through security at the airport (too late to go back). The front office team that included, Samer, Emad and Shyam were extremely helpful in making arrangements for us to get our phone back. A big thank you. This is a hotel that goes the extra mile when it comes to service. We are happy to give it the highest recommendation possible. David and Maureen - Sydney.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Maureen,

Thank you so much for your amazing review and for choosing Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli during your stop-over in Doha. I am very delighted with your kind words and appreciate the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback to the team and they are very glad that you have appreciated the services they have provided especially to Samer, Emad and Shiyam.

Claude Rababy

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

The staff and the hotel itself are the best I have ever experienced. The complementary tour run by Abubakar was fantastic and you could tell he really has a passion for the city and for making sure the guests have a great experience. Can't wait to visit again

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
SWBH, General Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Eric,

Thank you for this incredible review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your previous stay in our hotel. I am glad you liked our location and the services that our Team Members have provided along with our Souq Tour. Creating a unique and special memory for our guests is our topmost goal and sincere thanks for having appreciated it. I am sure that the entire hotel staff will be happy to know their efforts have been recognized espacially Abubaker.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon in our hotels and hopefully during the colder months to explore more of Souq Waqif’s best kept secret and where we will have the pleasure of serving you once again.

Claude Rabbay

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Doha was a great place for a stopover and this hotel was fabulous. Al Mirqab part of Souk Waqif Boutique Hotels is situated in the souk and convenient to shops, restaurants and interesting things to see. The room was luxurious and the bed divine. Swimming pool great as the weather was hot. The staff were friendly and pleasant. Archaf on the front desk was helpful with ideas on what to see and how to get around. He gave a late check out and we were able to use the pool until we were ready to go to the airport. Thanks for a great stay. Definitely would stay again.
Alison and Garry

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cisco57
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Najd hotel, one of nine whose facilities you can use. Nice room but blackout curtains would have been a plus. Staff very friendly and helpful but weren't forthcoming with useful information, you have to know to ask the right questions though.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nolvic,

Thank you for your candid review and for choosing Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli.
We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us along with our staff services,and hotel facilities.
We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered in regards the lack of information and room curtains.Please note that your comments has been forwarded to the concerned department and the needful will be done.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon in our hotels.

Claude Rabbay