All reviews porcini lagoon restaurant indoor and outdoor pools club level the pearl rose petals lagoona mall pool staff hotel experience excellent service wonderful stay breakfast buffet steam room fantastic hotel in room dining special thanks west bay
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed in the Ritz Carlton for nearly 3 weeks Sept/Oct 2012 and my experience was memorable, mainly from the Point of view of their staff. They were so friendly and they always remembered my name. I felt very comfortable going into the bar on my own, for example, as I was known.
The food in La Mer and Porcini was excellent and The Lagoon buffet was very good also. Lagoon's seafood night which was excellent. But the service in the Lagoon was not as good as the two restuarants.I think understanding English was the problem. Another note - maybe its a typical Qatar thing but all service staff were immigrants - one each Romania, Irish, but loads from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Philipines. not that relevant but curious.
as mentioned in my title, the conceirge and the drivers were exceptional and accomodating. The bar and loby servers fantastic

Room Tip: The view of the Gulf and Lagoon lovely. each room had a balcony also. I was on 12th floor and had a beautiful view. I think the low numbers on each floor are at the back and have a better view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed in a Deluxe category room which had a balcony and sea view. This is a sumptuous hotel with very impressive facilities including indoor tennis courts! The breakfast buffet was extensive and of an extremely high standard of cuisine. Staff were always pleasant, polite and helpful. The location is out of town, heading north past the West Bay, past the Katara and towards the Pearl development. the Inter-Continental is also nearby, along with the St Regis and Grand Hyatt. A beautiful Ritz Carlton hotel with excellent standards. Not as central as the Four Seasons, W Hotel, Marriott, Cigale, Renaissance or Sheraton. Very good spa and fitness facilities and restaurants. Recommend for the very high standard but not if you have to be in the central West Bay area. The heavy traffic can make this journey 30 minutes in the rush hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and you must enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. The indoor tennis courts are excellent for night tennis during the summer heat. Small pools but nicely set out with plenty of vegetation.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2012

What an experience having Afternoon Tea on the 23rd Floor overlooking a fabulous vista with ex-pat school teachers from Scotland, New Zealand and England, and my one year old grandson who was given a lovely t-shirt! Food and staff wonderful! Top class!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank telfo05
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Just stayed one night, while in transit. The facility is beautiful, and off by itself a bit distant from the airport and city. Staff really went the extra mile for me when I realized at the airport that I'd left clothing and cash in the room, which are on their way back to me in the States. Nice pool, and we enjoyed the Club Level food and beverages. Our check in was a bit slow, but not all their fault; and we got a slow start using our complimentary ride to the Museum, but they were minor quibbles.

Room Tip: Go for the Club Level
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I first stayed here in the 1990s when it first opened and several times since. Then it was THE hotel in Doha and set the standard for others to follow. And the others have followed with newer and smarter hotels (e.g. W, Four Seasons). It is convenient for the Doha Golf Club, but now it's distance from the business district is working against it and it seemed very quiet, whereas the other hotels mentioned above we're buzzing and more interesting bars, restaurants. Bedroom is large and bathroom with separate shower cubicle is of a very good standard. It was just the lack of people in general and a handful in the bars and restaurants that loses the 5th star for me

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business