All reviews floor restaurant sales manager business center qatar airlines short stay staying at this hotel second home west bay room service melia noir brunch concierge mustapha friday ms transit
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The location of this property is a big advantage. The rooms are very spacious, clean and have all standard amenities. There are decent options for dining. Breakfast buffet spread is quite impressive. Staff members are always with a smile and welcoming. Thanks to them for all the courtesies including the fruit basket, etc.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
LenaM2671, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha West Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear RajeevSarma,

We hope you will visit us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I am a long standing IHG member and got an excellent deal for two nights at the CP in West Bay. The property was previously known as the Melia Hotel until earlier this year.

When checking in on Sunday evening I was upgraded to a Club Room which was very spacious and eminently comfortable. Up on the 33rd Floor with views (albeit partially blocked given the construction of several other high rises in West Bay) across the water to The Pearl. One point here - the windows are in dire need of an external clean up.

CP West Bay has the following F&B outlets:

(1) Riqqa Cafe at Lobby Level which is open from 6.30 am to 11 pm. The October special is Moroccan Afternoon Tea from 4 to 7 pm. I just had a coffee here but spent time relaxing in their comfortable arm chairs.

(2) Nidaaya which is the All Day Dining Restaurant and is open from 6am to 11 pm. I only had breakfast here during my stay - the typical CP Breakfast Buffet except for Pork. I need to make special mention of Anish who was the Duty Manager - when he realised I preferred freshly squeezed Orange Juice he had a glass prepared for me. Overall service was excellent.

Nidaaya offers a Daily Business Lunch and has Happy Hours from 5 to 7 pm. They also offer a Friday Brunch, Barbeque Nights on Wednesdays and Seafood Nights on Thursdays.

(3) Signature by Sanjeev Kapoor who is the World Acclaimed Indian Chef. I did not have a meal here but have eaten at his Signature Restaurant in Dubai.

They also offer Business Lunches and the October Special is “Street Food of India”. Opening hours are 12 noon to 11 pm.

(4) Noir which is open from 6 pm to 2 am but is closed on Sundays. Noir is your typical Club Lounge with Resident and Guest DJs. Happy Hours from 6 to 9 pm with Theme Nights.

I only availed of my Complimentary Drink at Noir yesterday evening while waiting for a friend to pick me up for drinks and dinner elsewhere. Fairly quiet at the time and I enjoyed a chat with Florin who is the Night Club Manager.

I enjoyed the “fancy elevators” where you simply “plug in” your intended destination / floor and off you go.....

The one downside for me was the erratic Wifi - especially as I did not have a local SIM / data package.

I have a late check out this afternoon before my flight back home.

I would have no hesitation in recommending CP West Bay to my friends and colleagues, or staying here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
LenaM2671, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha West Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Ashley A,

Thank you very much for visiting our hotel and for taking the time to give us such a lovely and detailed feedback. Thank you as well for mentioning our outlets and hotel facilities.
I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and I am especially touched to hear that our team was able to have such a positive impact on your stay.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Lena Metzger PR & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 1 October 2018

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights.. in general my stay was comfortable and the staff are very helpful and friendly.. specially the front desk.. I recommend for business travelers. Needs better night activities though.

Room Tip: rooms on the 32nd floor are quiet and nice
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Omar A,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Best Regards,

Public Relation & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

If you like to feel you are very special and also you are very famous and looking for a 10 stars service, don't hesitate to visit Nidaaya.
Food is very delicious, lots of choices, real tasty flavors and the most important point is:
The friendly Staff there especially Maricruz
I never see in my whole life such kind of extra kind service like what Maricruz is doing starting from the meet and greet to follow each table and each customer on their table to be sure that everything is going well.
Also the Manager Kumar is servicing by himself and making sure that clients are very satisfied and happy and enjoying the food and the services.
Also ALL the team is very well trained and experts.
Very recommended.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
LenaM2671, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha West Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Mohamad H,

Thank you so much for visiting our restaurant Nidaaya and for taking the time to give us such a lovely feedback about our restaurant, the food and the team. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we truly value your feedback. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and I am especially touched to hear that our team was able to have such a positive impact on your visit.

Your kind comments has been shared with the team and in specific with Maricruz and Kumar. They are very excited to receive such a nice compliment and they send their best regards.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I stayed at this hotel only one night, for a stopover between two flights (offered by Qatar Airways). Everything was perfect, clean and neat. Top service by all means! Too bad I had to stay only a few hours...

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
LenaM2671, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha West Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Alex d,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

We hope we can welcome you again soon.