“It was close”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Today I went there to take lunch but unfortunately the neighbors told me it has closed recently.
Please correct it

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Sajjad61

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

It is a small restaurant with north of Iran speciality. Make a reservation before . Very good food , fish with herbs . Sour kebabs . A great place to go for either dinner or lunch .

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This is one of my best experiences in Tehran. This restaurant is serving Caspian seaside areas food. In my opinion it deserve 5 stars.

Parking & access: 1/1 star
It’s located in a compound (Park Prince) which give you easy access and plenty of parking spaces around it.

Service & hospitality: 1/1 star
Staff are well trained and very polite. (Unusual compare with my other experience in Tehran restaurants.)

atmospher & cleanness: 1/1 star
It has such a nice classy and old-school design and it is clean.

Food & beverage quality: 1/1 star
Food quality was stunning and I will advice people to try it.

Portion & value: 1/1 star
Only part may i can complain about (not really an issue) is about portion of stew to rice. It is more rice than the stew!

In general i can not find any reason to not rate Gilac restaurant less than 5 star!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This restaurant was a real treat. They serve the food of northern Iran and luckily I went with Iranian friends who knew what to order. I ordered lamb smothered in pomegranate and walnut sauce. Didn't look great but tasted fantastic. I also order a kind of bean dish - it's green and I can't remember what it's called. It is served with a friend or poached egg on top plus some herbs and spices that make it absolutely delicious. We also had Iran's yogurt drink with herbs called Doogh. If you're adventurous it's worth trying. Remember it's NOT sweet yogurt and it's an acquired taste. The staff were very accommodating and when I told them I liked my food spicy they even gave me a complimentary plate of cooked chili peppers to go with our meal.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The fish stew with tamarind sauce and the Fesenjan tasted superb with high quality ingredients. The staff is very welcoming.

However, the food is too expensive and the restaurant shows a misguided display of intended 'chic'. Asking its customers to pay for every ingredient on the table including the condiments (such as the little pots of torshi) down to the packing of the leftovers, is petty.

Date of visit: July 2017