“Not my choice... ”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tel: 22055335
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We just had dinner there as a larger group of 9 people. We’d made a reservation, so all good.
The first thing we noticed when getting to the restaurant is how dirty the restrooms were! The bathrooms hadn’t been cleaned in a while - so we told the staff. The good thing is, they reacted and cleaned the toilet bowl but of course not the floors, walls, sink, etc...

The food itself was pretty ok...big-ish portions, fairly priced and a larger variety....
The one negative thing was that when we asked about a round of tea in the end, we were told: no tea on Fridays, sorry! So we paid and whilst leaving asked another staff member who was surprised that we were told there’s no tea as others were being served...
Anyway...Long story short, this place wasn’t my choice so I’ll be sticking to the “other” place with the better food and cleaner location.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank nazv13

Reviewed 2 October 2018

A good Shomali restaurant in Tehran with traditional decoration, it mostly needs reservation not to keep waiting, My fav dish is sour chicken.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I used to go there every now and then and it was generally a good restaurant with good quality, very small portion and very expensive; yet I used to go there because there are not so many restaurants serving shomali food( the local food for north of iran),,,, once I went there with a french friend and I ordered the same food that I had tasted before and it was awful! I could easily understand that the chiken was no fwresh and it smelled bad! After that time I never went there. Unfortunately most restaurants in Iran after gaining their popularity among people, get worse by time!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Delicious Foods from North of Iran, I like it and hope to be have a better service. Thank you chef for the Delicious "Baghala Ghato" !

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We had 3 dishes for the table. Two of the stews were extremely sour to the extent that we could not eat any of the them. (I love sour foods and I love lavashak anar, but this sourness was very acidic and not tasting good at all). We also had Kabab Torsh, which was the worst Kabab Torsh I ever had. Having said that, their rude and ignorant staff is the main reason I am writing this review. I waited 4 months to write the review so I can rethink and be fair. But after reviewing my experience again, I believe the waiter was very rude (nothing even close to the lowest standards of a professional waiter) and then the management staff were extremely ignorant about our very friendly feedback about the server. I definitely do not recommend this restaurant and there are plenty of better restaurants in Tehran which you can try all sort of Gilani food.

Date of visit: April 2018