“Great short stay”

Ramada Hotel Bahrain
Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I took a quick trip (30 hours on the ground) to Bahrain over the weekend. I chose this hotel due to the free airport shuttle. I cant comment about how quick the pick up is, as for reasons not under the hotels control, I was stuck at immigration for 2 hours (this happened to almost everyone on my flight).

I was very excited to get to my room. I was so worn out by the long trip from the USA and the airport security issues that I didn't spend anytime in the hotel bar/restaurant. The bed was extremely comfortable and i fell right to sleep.

I had the complimentary breakfast buffet. i thought it was tasty. They even had bacon for the international clientele. There is not much in close walking distance to the hotel. I spent some time walking around to check out the mosque. I then spent time siting by the pool and having an overpriced drink (almost $9 USD for a beer). Unfortunately due to the buildings behind, the sun disappeared behind at around 15:00. I later discovered the beer in the minibar was a better deal

I had initially booked and extra night not knowing of the late check out options in advance. Upon check-out i was given a 50% discount on the second night due my check out at 18:00 hours. I did not ask for it, it was volunteered. Most hotels would be happy to just keep the money but i give this hotel much praise for doing the right thing.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here with my wife and 2 boys and could not fault it. The wife and I had breakfast included in our room and for an additional 3bd the children could also eat not bad but considering they are 3 and 6 and only had a couple slices of toast thought it was a bit expensive but on check out I said i need to pay for the kids breaky and they said no sir thats free, thumbs up there. Also no extra cost for a small trundle bed for the kids in our room, flat screen tele all very nice.
Only small issue was the bath room, shower is pretty average and takes ages to warm up.
Service though was perfect and free wifi was nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Badger115
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Hi, I stayed here for a week early November 2011, I could not fault it, friendly staff, clean rooms, good food, good bar, etc, etc I also used the free airport pick up service, this was great worked well on both inbound and outband journeys (very different to last time I visited Bahrain and stayed at a different Hotel). Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I usually stay here every time I come to Bahrain. The most excellent service is complimentary airport pick up and drop off, as the taxis are expensive. Pretty Good Location. Room had an electric kettle for tea/coffee. A big flat screen TV. A good fitness center and a neat swimming pool. They provide in room safety box as well as a well stocked mini bar. I will continue staying here during my future visits to Bahrain.

Room Tip: Room with balcony on second floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ricky S
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Location of the hotel is grand, infront of King's Community Hall and very near to Diplomatic centre and Manama. You can walk to the beach from here. There is a Bar in the hotel too.
Rooms are good and spacious with all good and standarised amenities. They provide Lockers as well. Every evening there a buffet available for dinner, or u can have of ur choice as well from the Menu.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business