All reviews double tree ring road great hotel road noise hotel staff rooms are modern close to the airport lounge area convenient location meeting room enjoyed my stay special thanks comfortable bed room service excellent stay home away from home breakfast buffet
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good quality hotel. Value for money. I had a great experience staying here. Very hospitable staff. At the checkin, the staff will give a delicious cookie and a choice of refreshing detox water. Rejuvenating

Date of stay: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
PPinRUH, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Riyadh - Al Muroj Business Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mark P,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay at our hotel. I was very pleased to read your comments on our hospitable team and that you like our famous DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie!

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely hotel soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Three days without hot water in bathroom, extremely bad food quality (no or bad taste - all overcooked). I even got sick after dinner - long night rushing to toiletsPoor customer care from the staff. Only your Credit Card is welcome

Date of stay: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
PetrP_RUH, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Riyadh - Al Muroj Business Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Scenic1621522521,

Thank you for your brief review of your stay at our hotel.
I am very sorry to read of your disappointment. I apologize for the issues with the hot water something we have been investigating the reason of as the problem concerned only a very limited number of rooms. We have identified the problem and fixed it.
I am more concerned about your comments related to the food quality and your allegation of foodborne illness, something we take very seriously and for which we have strict procedures of follow up.

Would you be please so kind and share your personal contact details with me so that I can reach out to you and hopefully get more information on the issues you mentioned in your brief review?
Please be so kind and contact me at RUHAM_GM@hilton.com.

Many thanks & best regards,

Petr Pisecky

Reviewed 6 November 2018

I've stayed in this hotel twice, first time, early this year, room was good, breakfast was good, restaurant staff were very helpful, front office staff were not as professional as expected, house keeping was OK.
Second time, last week, room was the worst option they have, the room inside the hotel and overlooks the restaurant and café with no access to daylight or the sun, with no privacy as other internal rooms oversee you if you open the curtains so you end up having no window for privacy which was very annoying.
They also put me in room 102 which is in the first floor and next to elevator, which is opposite to my preferred options in my HHonors profile and to the crew lounge which was extremely noisy as Saudi airline staff keeps coming in and out of the room all day and night.
Last thing the room A/C unit was making very annoying sounds all the time, I called engineering to check the issue, the technician was trying to play dump and said there is no issue to fix. The solution was to turn off the A/C which was very annoying as the room was filled with smoke which made the room unbearable.
I've requested to front office to change my room but the refused as they claimed the hotel is fully booked and promised to deal with the faulty A/C but nothing happened.
I don't believe the front office staff are properly trained on customer service and they need to be up to standard with Hilton standards.
The rate include internet access however the option they give you is the free slow internet that is inconvenient and patchy, I've not tried the paid internet option. The hotel does not have a business lounge.
For dining, I don't recommend using this hotel as there are far more better options in the nearby areas.
Also, their entertainment channels are almost not working except of couple of local channels and BBC World service almost every other channel else is not operational.
The hotel rate was actually expensive but the service I received in the last stay was extremely poor compared to the price paid.

Room tip: avoid internal rooms that overlooks the café and restaurant

Dear Mr Elmihi,

Thank you very much for posting your detailed review following your stay last month and also earlier this year.
I was happy to read your first stay was a good one and thank you for the comments, particularly the ones on the breakfast and our restaurant team.

About your second stay with us at the end of October. Yes, we do have some rooms facing the inside atriums as the hotel has been designed this way, like some other hotels. I would tend to agree with you these rooms enjoy a little less of natural daylight as they do not have direct outside view, but they overlook the indoor café with trees. Many of our guests actually like those rooms as they feel like overlooking a lively street front, yet with no affecting street noise. There is not much of a difference in lighting in the room when drawing the sheer curtain open or close, therefore to ensure your full privacy, it is recommended to keep the sheer curtain drawn same as you would do in the room facing the buildings outside.

To avoid any future disappointment, I have asked our Guest Service team to update your preferences in your profile and on your next stay with, do their best to allocate a room with an outside view instead .

I humbly apologize for the noise from the nearby crew lounge. Please rest assured it was an isolated incident. As a matter of fact, we do not have any airline crews staying in the hotel anymore. During the time you stayed, the lounge was used as an alternative to a meeting space that had a technical issue and we needed to provide the space to the clients as an alternative.

I apologize for the inconvenience with the A/C unit in your room. We changed some parts of the a/c unit and it seems it is working fine now, we have a guest staying in the room right now and we have not received any negative comments. It is true the hotel was fully booked during your stay, therefore the options to change your room was limited. But nevertheless, your comment on improving the customer service level is taken very seriously, we are now running a series of service oriented trainings as we have a lot of new associates who have recently joined us.
As far as your comment not recommending to dine in our hotel as there are any other options nearby is concerned, I'd like to hope it is just your personal belief which may or may not influence other guests to sample some of the delicious food we are preparing daily on our themed buffets or that we feature on our a la carte menu?
I have personally checked the functionality of TV Channels we offer, and all our OSN suite as well as other Movie and Music channels work. I therefore apologize if there was a sudden disruption in service which would have been beyond our control and unfortunately not reported by other guests. As far as speed of Internet, we are continuously improving the bandwidth we provide and we will take your comments into consideration when renewing our subscription.

All in all, I admit your stay was not entirely great and I would like you to know that my team and I have taken your comments very seriously and we have taken immediate actions to rectify the issues where applicable.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to demonstrate we can do well and that we indeed are one of the sought after hotels in Riyadh, thanks to the product we offer and the team members we have working in the hotel.

Until then, I remain welcoming any further feedback you may want to share.

Your Sincerely,

Petr Pisecky

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Though stayed for one night on a a Company meeting, Hilton provided great service with fast check in. Room was more thank huge and as usual, a comfortable bed. Breakfast was great and with varied choices.

Room tip: Avid ground floor rooms- only views of side street is there.

Dear Larry B,

Thank you very much for your brief but complementary review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your compliments and happiness mean a lot to us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2018

I stayed at this beautiful property for the first time in October 2018 while being on a business trip and I truly enjoyed it - from a warm check-in and the legendary chocolate chip cookie. I would like to highlight as well Toran Thapa who served me twice during breakfast. His attention to detail and proactive and kind service really made my day. He is truly a Hotelier and great Host. Thank you and Shukran - See you soon again, JH

Room tip: female gym, great breakfast

Dear JH,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your comments and happiness mean a lot to us, and particularly your comments on Toran made both my and his day. He is a true asset to our hotel team and is liked by many guests alike.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,