All reviewsnew extensionclock towerturkish cuisineminute walkbusy roadking abdullahnearest gatevery nice hotelfood outletsal haramthe hotel staffharam viewstar hotelumra tripelderly peoplewi fiking fahad gate
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in total for 7 nights in a quad room with breakfast included.
Location- it’s close to where the new extension is being built, and will take 3-4 mins in the future to get to the courtyard. However nowadays it takes 10mins to get into the masjid, not many shops around here but the advantage is it a quiet area so easy to walk back and forth to the masjid. There was a constant smell of sewage outside with the building work.
General appearance is that’s it’s a new modern hotel with good atmosphere. The lobby was lovely and had fruit flavoured water on tap, as well as serving coffee and dates in the afternoon.
The reception staff were hit and miss, some friendly but most were not!
There were plenty of areas in the lobby to sit and relax and was overall kept really clean.
Breakfast staff were good and the food itself was delicious with lots of variety including an omelette and pancake stations. We often sat looking at the masjid.
Room size was disappointing for a quad room and 2 of the beds were pop and hence not as comfortable. Usual safe, tea facilities etc in the room.
Overall due to the distance away from the Kabbah, and the attitude of some of the staff I wouldn’t stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I stayed last week in Anjum hotel while I was on Umrah with my family. This hotel was booked by my travel agent. We were a family of 5 (me my wife and 3 kids) and we got a room with 2 single beds !! The room was even not spacious enough . The washroom was just ok with low qualitiy Chinese toiletries .
After I checked in I requested the reception to upgrade my room and I was happy to pay extra for that. They told me all the rooms are of same size and same beds !!! really!! Even in the pictures they have shown bigger rooms with Queen and King beds. . I tried my luck 3 times with 3 different staff at the reception but got the same answer. Probably the staff was not good in understanding english and might be thinking of free upgrade. Communication was another issue at the hotel.
Access to Haram is also difficult with kids as you have to cross a road with running traffic and no signal lights. I guess in the same rate you can get a more decent 5 star hotel across the haram .The better thing was breakfast !!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kzaidi11
Reviewed 7 March 2018

The service is ok, room service quite slow. Resturant food is quite monotonous for various times of the day. The proximity to the hotel is a bit exaggerated. It is close to the northern extension of the haram which is still under construction and currently one has to walk at least 15-20 minutes to get to the haram, which includes crossing a busy heavy traffic road, which could be a challenge for elderly people and children.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sareer A
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I went here during last Feb with family (under agency). I have to admit, it took about 7-10 minutes walk to reach gate 70, 71 or 72 (masjid). But, in future, once the new extension of the mosque complete, it will only take about 3-5 minutes. At the moment, 50% of the new extension is completed. Even this hotel is quite far from shopping area or shops, I felt happy coz you won't have to buzz urself in packed or busy area whereby a lot of people will be there. You'll be at peace. It will be an advantage if you are able to speak Arab since not everyone can speak English/Malay here.

Overall, buffet at hotel is good, but sometimes the menu is more or less the same. The hotel staff should select or prepare different menu for 7 days as most of your client will be staying few days.

You can use the ATM machine to withdraw money at hotel. My room was great, comfy bed and pillow, with available kettle and welcoming drink.

Room Tip: higher floor with good view of the Zamzam tower and the mosque. Pick room 2055!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I stayed with my family at this beautiful hotel recently. I have nothing but praise for the hotel. Breakfast is incredible but the hotel is a little far from the Haram for older folks like us Wifi is very slow and we couldnt connect anytime during our three days of our stay .

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family