All reviews the owner his son perfect location roman ruins bread top floor visiting jerash rooftop room room was spotless triple room two nights watching the sun go down a lovely family run hotel lower price brilliant hotel friendly owners low season
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The Hadrian gate Hotel is the best one in its category in Jordan. We had a rest at Walid's hotel at the end of our Jordan trip : everything was perfect : quiet place, large and clean rooms, good welcoming, . It is a way to go out from Amman. Instead of staying in Amman and visit Jerash, stay in Jerash and visit Amman !!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jean-Guillaume G
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed as guests of Walid and his father for three nights and we cannot speak more highly of both them and their small family hotel. All the positive comments written by previous travelers are true and this hotel made our introduction to Jordan a very positive experience.

If you are using Lonely Planet Guide, the information about the bathrooms is incorrect. Two rooms have an internal ensuite bathroom, another has an attached bathroom, and two others share a bathroom (or a family may choose the use the two bedrooms with bathroom.)

Thank you to our hosts.

Room Tip: We hade a triple room with ensuite facing to the rear. Nice ""rural" sounds and little road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NapierAro
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night while we visited the Roman ruins. The owner and his son were very welcoming, accommodating and very helpful. Our room was really nice, and just what we needed. The breakfast was good and overall I enjoyed staying here. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Excellent small hotel in superb location directly overlooking Hadrian's Gate at Jerash.Warm and welcoming father and son hosts,originally from Yemen.Ismail and Walid Yemani can't do enough to make your stay a success,including the best advice on local side trips(eg how to get to Ajloun by public transport;negotiating kerbside the best taxi price for me to Karak).Free Arab coffee or tea any time of the day or night;out on the sunny terrace overlooking Hadrian's Gate-just perfect.Very economical and immaculately clean and quiet room.
How's this for hospitality and overwhelming kindness:when I fell ill with the flu,Ismail refused to accept any payment for my 'extra' night and even offered me an unlimited free stay until I recovered!I even enjoyed the crazy pre-election carnival next door.Don't miss staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hadrian’s Gate hotel. We were a family group comprising grandparents, parents and a 2 year old. Walid and his father, Ismail were extremely kind and thoughtful. The location is terrific and the front and roof terraces have splendid views of the old city. We also enjoyed Walid’s recommendation about the local small cafes.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family