“Budget hostel close to attractions”
Review of Kahramana Hotel

Kahramana Hotel
Ranked #107 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 16 November 2015

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They made sure I was happy and comfortable in the room and they even asked if I wanted them to book a car for me to take me back to the airport on checkout.

The downside of the place was that being a budget hotel, there was no one to answer the phone at the reception all 4 times I tried calling, they didn't have any power plug adapters (but there was a shop next to them that sold them) and they didn't have any room service for any food or water. You can find a grocery store facing the hotel though that sold pretty much everything and converted USD to JD at the right rate.

I didn't have time to check their breakfast as I was out early most days on tours and trips.

The room was cleaned and recently renovated but the bathroom floor was wet and didn't have any towels or shampoo/shower gel.

The hotel's location itself is very close to the main archeological attractions around the city of Amman and I basically walked to the Citadel and the Temple of Hercules in one afternoon and took some great pictures.

Overall, I would recommend this place for a busy traveller just as long they have a towel, shampoo and the basics with them.

Room Tip: Close to major attractions
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank RazerDude

Reviewed 18 August 2015

This hotel was very close to many of the touristy sites in Amman such as the Amphitheater and the Citadel. The price was excellent and the staff was VERY friendly. The water worked fine for me and was a very good deal for the low price. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2014

I have stayed here (3) times this year and always treated like royalty. The best customer service and GREAT staff. They organize trips and offer shuttle service to and from the airport for reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bkkozeh
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The stuff is friendly, food is ok. There was an issue with hot water - there was no any. We called the desk, and they fixed it somehow. Don't expect luxury, go to Royal and pay accordingly. Would come again, most definitely.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Дмитрий К
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had booked this hotel for 3 days. It was cheap and had varying reviews so I expected a low price hotel. However, this place was really, really, really terrible. A list:

1) The window in the bathroom was extremely drafty and cold air blew into the room all night.
2) The heater barely worked and we really froze.
3) The sheets and covering smelled musty and it made me wonder about when the place was last cleaned. Freezing in musty smelling blankets and sheets was a new low even for me.
4) Hot water was in short supply and water sprayed everywhere when you took a shower.
5) There were no towels in the room. We asked and the hotel staff did provide towels after we asked.
6) The sink and bathroom area was extremely dirty.
7) We left after one night and went to a more expensive hotel. Again, I am used to low priced hotels and the lack of amenities. Still, this hotel lacked soap, warm water, towels, and toilet paper.
8) The hotel itself was run down and the carpeting was worn out.
9) It did have internet so we were able to book another place.

Room Tip: The hotel is in the downtown and it did have internet so it made it easy to book another hotel. We...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends