Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
Hotels.com
eDreams
All reviews downtown amman dead sea roman theatre free walking tour wadi rum falafel hashem restaurant clean rooms rainbow street hostel jihad citadel driver wifi jordan souks arabic
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2020 via mobile

Ibrahim gives 2 free tour each day. This is my first day in Amman. I did the 3:00pm tour. Ibrahim has great sense of humor. He showed me how to enter the mosque through the women’s door. This is my first time entering an actual working, functioning mosque. We meandered through the old market. I bought fresh fruits. Then we walked the Yemenis market, I bought a pair hiking pants from a local tailor. When we walk through the sugar market, I bought some Arabic sweets. With Ibrahim, I paid everything in local price—a small fraction of tourist prices!!
Ibrahim is very acknowledge of the historical landmark of the old town. He told me the story of Arab Bank, the background of the umbrella staircases. He pointed out how to get to the Roman theater, the Citadel, and the Jordan Museum on foot.
He showed me the Roman Ruins hidden behind the markets.
We even had time to stop for falafel with cheese filling inside.
It’s a delicious, delightful, informative tour. The best part is a free tour. I think I will take this tour one more time on the day before I fly home. So I can buy all my souvenirs with Ibrahim’s help!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Haz Haz, General Manager at Jordan Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2020

Thanks for taking the time to post your kind and generous review. The FREE Old City Tour is one of the highlights of the stay in Jordan Tower, we are so happy you took the time to describe the tour for others - and that you enjoyed tour stay with us. It was a pleasure to host you.

Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

The room was new and very well located and friendly staff . Close to the main tourist attractions .From the Aiport I tooka bus til north station (3,50jd) and from there a taxi . Make sure to deal with the drives before entering in the taxi .

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank marlonpc

We really appreciate you taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay. It really was a pleasure to host you and thank you so much for choosing Jordan Tower.

Reviewed 17 February 2020

I have traveled through 80 countries, and this tour has earned the distinct honor of being the WORST TOUR I HAVE EVER TAKEN. I was alone on this tour because the other group that had booked canceled last minute due to illness. On the tour, not only did I get just an hour and a half at the dead sea (rather than 2.5 hours as advertised), but when we got to Madaba, I was asked if I wanted to go souvenir shopping. When I said no, the driver DROVE ME BACK TO AMMAN rather than giving me time to walk around. I confronted the driver, but it did no good. He dropped me off in Amman at 1:15 pm (the tour should end at 5 pm or later). I really wish I had not booked this tour!

Date of stay: February 2020
Haz Haz, General Manager at Jordan Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

Your review, as you know is very incorrect. You came to our hotel to register for a Dead Sea Tour. There were 3 people including yourself... unfortunately the 2 other people were unable to go that day as one of them felt sick... In order not to disappoint you - the tour manager agreed with the driver to take you alone to all the places on the tour - for the price of 25jd TRANSPORT ONLY ... which is nothing for a 200km round trip with several stops... Unfortunately,
you objected to paying the 1 dinar entrance fees at the St George church, archaeological museum etc and Mount Nebo - so didnt go in ... THAT WAS YOUR CHOICE... You were taken to Madaba - but went on a rant about 1 dinar entrance fees (which is nothing to do with us) HE DID NOT ASK YOU TO GO SOUVENIR SHOPPING, HE ASKED IF YOU WANTED TO WALK AROUND MADABA - YOU SAID "NO" - SO HE TOOK YOU BACK TO AMMAN.

The 25jd you paid only covered the expenses of the car - and nothing for the driver.... and you have the audacity to complain ...? you had a private FULL TOUR with the driver doing exactly as you wanted for 25jd... !!

MOREOVER, IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT YOU WERE NOT A GUEST IN OUT HOTEL .

YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE DISTRORTED AND UNREALISTIC AND UNFAIR...

Reviewed 1 February 2020

This Hotel exceeded expectations - it was GREAT experience overall!! From the VERY friendly, helpful reception and service (excellent English), to the complimentary breakfast (good choices), to the comfortable reception lounge area and informative photo profiles of famous people on the stairs, to the AMAZING two-hour free city walking tour with the very knowledgeable and friendly, Ibrahim (he only asks for a "tip" at the end) and to the most central of locations - you cross the road and you're at the Roman Amphitheatre and the other side are the steps up to the Citadel! Only two points: this hotel has NO lift but the lovely Reception staff are happy to carry your bags up or down the stairs; and the bedroom wi-fi signal is not so strong - best to use the wi-fi in Reception for uploading photos.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

it's a basic hotel, staff are very nice and very accommodating. its centrally located. close to all kinds of shops, the citadel, the roman coliseum, 20 min walk from rainbow street (which is a tourist trap, btw). it gets cold in the room during the winter but they have a heater. wifi upstairs sucks but wifi downstairs is excellent - it just sucks when you're tired and want to rest but have to stay in the lounge for a good wifi connection.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple