All reviews downtown amman dead sea roman theatre hummus shared bathroom bring earplugs wet room budget hotel arrange tours rooms are basic triple room each morning breakfast was delicious tea coffee stayed nights mount nebo wadi rum
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I visited this hostel as a solo female traveller in April 2016 and had an amazing stay. The location is great, very central in downtown Amman and my room was comfortable. The best thing about the hostel however is the staff who are incredibly helpful. I arrived not knowing anything about the country or the area and thanks to their trips and advice I visited so many awesome places and met lots of great people. I never felt threatened alone as a young woman and got help in going to and from Palestine as well.
Thanks for a great trip!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Alice C
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Dear Trip Advisor,

I happily stayed at JORDAN TOWER HOSTEL for nearly three full months.

I came here in winter and so I recommend that for this time of year bring BOOTS.
The location is at the heart of the old Roman town, which sits amid the most extreme geographic topography making AMMAN possibly the most spectacular city scape in the whole Middle East.

Every day you see the friendly staff of JORDAN TOWER cleaning. It might be the cleanest hostel in all Amman!

A vital thing for long stays is a Visa Extension. All information I read online indicated a couple of visits to the other side of this big city. The hotel held a different view; that it could be done in the old town itself. A nice 3-km walk proved the point!
The staff are all warm and friendly and led by their bilingual and highly humorous General Manager Jihad, who answers every imaginable visitor question. Jihad is worth his weight in gold.

I needed business cards to hand out at the Syrian refugee camp at Zaatari. Where could I get such at short notice? Well just a block away. I added to my contact details this in Arabic:-
"JORDAN - friendliest country in the whole world!”

Room tip: First floor to save climbing stairs
Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ammanamman, Owner at Jordan Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

One of the delights of the hospitality business is meeting such wonderful people like you George who give so much back to society! You are one of many gracious individuals who visit for a few days and end up staying months :) that's the attraction of Jordan Tower - so many interesting, educated and philanthropic peeps from all over the world who gather to stay with other like minded people - at our fabulous world famous abode.

You stayed with us on more than one occasion and the last time for almost 3 months - we thoroughly enjoyed your company and "George's room'" is still there waiting for you to come back. You actually became part of our extended family and we are proud to host such a caring and gentle individual such as yourself.

You were an inspiration to the staff with your voluntary work with refugees and a pleasure and an honour to be around.

Looking forward to your next visit - hopefully soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

I would highly recommend this hotel. Its perfectly located in downtown Amman where you want to be to see all the authenticity of Amman, not in the modern areas. Very close to King Abdullah Mosque so you get to hear the call to prayer whether you like to or not - I thought it was priceless! The cafe downstairs serves food,George, the guy who seems to run the cafe was very friendly. He even let us bring in wine/beer that we purchased elsewhere to have with our dinner at the cafe. Food was very cheap and very good! Yes, the hotel is somewhat of a 'hostel' type but I found that made it extra special, meeting travelers like ourselves both young and older. Oh, breakfast was served in the hotel lounge area - it was delicious! Just a side note about our room - that night it was very cold & rainy in Amman and we sure felt it in our room with air coming through the windows so if you go during cold season, prepare to bundle up with extra clothing in your beds! We all had sleeping bags so we just used these in addition to the bedding.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
ammanamman, General Manager at Jordan Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Thanks for giving Jordan Tower the 'thumbs up' and for giving others the benefit of your experience as a guest with us. It's true, we are nothing posh, flashy or sophisticated - but we give the heartiest welcome to all and provide a buoyant yet energetic atmosphere for guests to chill and meet other travelers from all walks of life and professions. We provide a cozy safe haven with friendly and helpful staff who work tirelessly to ensure the enjoyment of our guests.

Repeat bookings from regular guests - year after year confirm the popularity of our humble abode along with the many positive and uplifting reviews of our thousands of past guests.

We serve the tastiest, biggest breakfast around and meals and snacks are served throughout the day until about 9 in the evening - either in the hotel dining area or CHILLAX CAFE which is on the ground floor.

Thanks once again for posting such a frank and honest review.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

The hotel is really a hostel. We were there for 4 days and used the hostel as our base in Amman and took day trips to Madaba, Jerash, Umm Qais, Wadi Mujib(which was closed due to flooding) and the dead sea.

The staff at the hotel are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They helped us book a camp night in Wadi Rum. The experience was positive even though the camp consisted of my friend, myself and the person who runs it.

The owner helped us book all the day trips and recommended a very safe and trusting driver. It was fairly cheap, yummy daily breakfast, reliable wifi in the lobby and a good place to meet other travelers!

Room tip: Check for a room that has locks.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
ammanamman, Manager at Jordan Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2016

Thanks for posting your kind and positive review... Your impressions are really important both for us and for potential guests. Our days trips are very popular and in great demand - especially for solo travelers - and its more economical to share the trips with others. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Jordan Tower Hotel was invaluable in helping us plan for our trip to Jordan. They answered all of our questions, helped us plan our complicated itinerary and responded quickly to all of our questions. They were absolutely wonderful and kind to work with over emails and made us feel comfortable and secure planning a trip to a part of the world we have never been to before. I would 100% recommend traveling with them.

Date of stay: March 2016