“Overrated and bad food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Wow so I'm the first to give this restaurant a bad review... Ok, so I haven't tried the Rustico on Rothchild but the one on Basel has been bad every time I went there. Friends were able to convince me to go there 3 times in total and I regretted it afterwards every time.
From my understanding, this place once used to be better and their quality decreased. That explains at least why my friends were hyped about it, but were also disappointed when we ate there.

The service was different depending on the nights, ranging from bad to average. Usually a bit slow as this place tends to get very full.

The food is what really bothers me about Rustico: For the price of 50-60 Shekel for pasta (that's almost $17), I expect home-made noodles, but most of the dishes just have noodles from the supermarket. There are though a few home-made pastas.
But even if you take those, the sauces are bad. Just greasy and tasteless. When I got one of the places on the bar, I was also able to see why. The cook used half a bar of butter for my dish alone!

I haven't had any other dishes than the pastas, but it's pretty much their main menus..

They do have a nice interior design though.

Date of visit: April 2010

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Loved this restaurant. Went with our daughter who lives in TA the last night of our visit. Beautiful decor, very good service and good wine selections.
We shared a salad and I had the melanzane with artichokes, my daughter had a delicious rissotto, and my husband had excellent gnochi. We were too full for dessert but they had a really nice dessert menu, too.
We'll be back on our next trip.
I also love the Basel area.

Date of visit: December 2010
Reviewed 8 July 2010

delicious food, great location, lovely decor and fun atmosphere.
i especialy recommend sitting at the bar where you can see all the cooking going on - everything looks and smells great and you find yourself having a difficult time deciding what to order.
there are many options for vegetarians. try the eggplant involtini.
good business lunches.
reservation is not a bad idea.

Reviewed 18 March 2010

This is a great place, good food, friendly service and reasonable prices. The pizza and fish are both good choices.

Reviewed 9 August 2009

There are 2 Rustico restaurants in Tel Aviv and we loved it so much the first time that we tried them both. We were not dissapointed at either. We received the same friendly and wonderful service at both. The food was exceptional and everyone enjoyed their meals. It is necessary to make a booking as when we tried to get in again it was fully booked. I can definitely see why!

1  Thank Ozi10