“Exellent :)”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I was there today and I must say it is one of the best italians restaurants in Tel- Aviv. The price is rightful and the service is pefect. The pizza and carpaccio are exellent the wine and the cocktails also. So... simply brillant! <3

Reviewed 4 April 2011

A very good local Italian and pizza place. Fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

Wow so I'm the first to give this restaurant a bad review... Ok, so I haven't tried the Rustico on Rothchild but the one on Basel has been bad every time I went there. Friends were able to convince me to go there 3 times in total and I regretted it afterwards every time.
From my understanding, this place once used to be better and their quality decreased. That explains at least why my friends were hyped about it, but were also disappointed when we ate there.

The service was different depending on the nights, ranging from bad to average. Usually a bit slow as this place tends to get very full.

The food is what really bothers me about Rustico: For the price of 50-60 Shekel for pasta (that's almost $17), I expect home-made noodles, but most of the dishes just have noodles from the supermarket. There are though a few home-made pastas.
But even if you take those, the sauces are bad. Just greasy and tasteless. When I got one of the places on the bar, I was also able to see why. The cook used half a bar of butter for my dish alone!

I haven't had any other dishes than the pastas, but it's pretty much their main menus..

They do have a nice interior design though.

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Loved this restaurant. Went with our daughter who lives in TA the last night of our visit. Beautiful decor, very good service and good wine selections.
We shared a salad and I had the melanzane with artichokes, my daughter had a delicious rissotto, and my husband had excellent gnochi. We were too full for dessert but they had a really nice dessert menu, too.
We'll be back on our next trip.
I also love the Basel area.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

delicious food, great location, lovely decor and fun atmosphere.
i especialy recommend sitting at the bar where you can see all the cooking going on - everything looks and smells great and you find yourself having a difficult time deciding what to order.
there are many options for vegetarians. try the eggplant involtini.
good business lunches.
reservation is not a bad idea.