“Great Asian fusion in Tel Aviv”
Review of Taizu

Taizu
Ranked #59 of 1,824 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Price range: US$45 - US$75
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taizu - Asia Terranean Kitchen, A new concept restaurant based on chef Yuval Ben Neriah's personal interpretation of street foods of five countries in South East Asia - India, China, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. The restaurant belongs to the fine casual dining category with the highest level of food, design and hospitality in an informal and accessible setting.
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went to dinner at Taizu and loved it!! When I made reservations, they asked about allergies and when we were seated, they were great to point out which entree I could not eat. I'm allergic to papaya and would never think that to be an ingredient in one of the dishes but the manager informed us that the butter chicken has papaya in it. My husband ordered it and said it was the best butter chicken he had had. The chicken was cooked to perfection and was so tender. I ordered the beef fillet and it was amazing -- so flavorful and so tender. We also ordered the salmon on sweet potato as a starter and it was delicious. So many flavors mixed into a single bite. We then had the ceviche - I loved it but my husband thought it was okay (he doesn't like cucumbers). I also had the Asian vegetables, which were delicious. The price is a little high but so worth it! We sat in the enclosed garden which wasn't as busy as inside but it was quiet enough that you could have a conversation. Great find in Tel Aviv!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Israel is primarily known for its Hummus and Falafel, but there are many who would agree that the tastiest and highest quality of food that you can find in Israel is here in Taizu. The work and service is top notch, the food is sensational and delicious. I been here about 5 times and I always look forward to eating here again.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Explain to the waiter what are your restriction and let him assemble a meal for you. you won't be disapointed.
this is like nothing you had before...

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Based on the critics and high prices we expected a complete satisfaction , however none of our expectations were met !!!

A large and very noisy restaurant , the music is loud and annoying - acoustics are bad and comments do not help changing .

We were 9 , we received a very tight table -not really convenient !

We brought our own wine as we often do - the waiter told us the "opening fee" is 65 NIS - when I told him this is twice what I pay in similar restaurant he just shook his head ... I did not realize he meant 65 NIS PER BOTTLE - while in ALL other restaurants it is a one time fee ....

The food is arriving as the kitchen and waiter feel like - tasty but not justifying the high price per dish

Service is medium

So , if you expect all your senses to be satisfied in such an expensive restaurant you will face a big disappointment !!

Reviewed 22 October 2016

It may be that our expectations were too high. Food was good but not inspirational, certainly nothing that justifies the price. Portions were small. Service was very good and proffesional. Overall there's an intersting concept in the menu but it's a bit pretentious. we will not return.