All reviews mini bar great location air conditioning good size carmel market wifi beach sea taxi tel
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Our first room had no windows (not as depicted in the pictures online). We wanted to change to a room with a balcony which was the same price. Our parents were moving out of that room to upgrade to a luxury room. So it was as simple as just letting us move into their room. We were told that we must pay $300. Looong story short, i called booking.com who were as helpful as possible but nothing could be done and we could not cancel. Eventually I got the free upgrade.
Walking through that place (from reception to the rooms) is like walking through an informal settlement. I am Israeli. I know the standard of living there and I can tell you for a fact that this building and location is not ok for a holiday. The bottom of Allenby is notorious for drug dealing, prostitution, etc. Israel is safe but as a girl do not walk home alone in that specific area. Its not too dangerous but its not comfortable having scummy people gawking at you and trying to get your attention. It is so evident that the building used to be some sort of brothel.
Besides the location and revolting building, they do not clean your room. They call it a "hotel" not a self catering facility. A full term pregnant lady came in every morning to make the bed (with sand in it). Not a bottle or a tissue was moved out of place. I felt as though my boyfriend and I were camping. And how can one tell a pregnant woman to work harder. I was forced to clean my own room daily although the sheets I had to ask to be changed. Nothing worked properly. The staff tried to help us with all our minor complaints, some of them were really quite sweet. Thank goodness I speak hebrew otherwise we wouldn't have gotten very far.
After 4 nights (out of 10) we had had enough and left to go to the Olympia Hotel on Hayarkon. Not too expensive at all. Rather go there or the Prima if you are seeking this price range.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Clean, lovely helpful staff, quiet room and a terrific price. No lift but even on the top floor it is easy enough to get luggage up due to the wide stairwell. Location is nice and central - across the road to the beach, lovely walk beachside walk to Yaffa or short walk to the markets and cafes.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PPP_11
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Booked it as last minute and a change from the big chain hotels, got to the front desk very nice and helpful stuff,got a room on the 3rd floor( no elevator) but very short flights, nice room clean with mini bar and a complimentary wine bottle, comfortable bed with a sofa bed as well, from the balcony you see the beach and its 2 min. Walking. We asked for additional blankets and got them really fast. Room was clean but they can up grade the linens as some of them had holes.
Stuff was very nice we asked about a place to print stuff and they let us use their own computer and printer.
At the end we staid additional night.
Price was good as well.
If your driving there's a parking lot next to the hotel tell them your a guest and you will get "guest price"

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying here...

Staff are friendly and accommodating.

Accommodation is very comfortable and it is less than a minute to the beachfront.

Close to everything... as it is very central.

I will definitely be back...

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2015

I cannot understand the bad reviews. The residence suites are RIGHT at the beach, modern and always clean and the prices are very competitive. The staff is very nice (reception in particular). Maybe not so suitable for families since the Allenby road is right next to it and it can get a little lout at night ... but c'mon .... that's Tel Aviv, a city that never sleeps. For beach enthusiast and clubbers I can highly recommend the residence suites. The only downside ... the wifi is quite weak.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple