1,896 results
All reviews king david lounge guest relations indoor pool sea view executive room business lounge beautiful room home away from home breakfast buffet is mediterranean sea an upgrade business trip beach front israel concierge tel promenade
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Beautiful, modern and spacious. This hotel has it all. From radio in the bathroom to motorized curtains. The breakfast is superb though the food is lacking a certain something to be completely perfect.

The staff, Nikol, is exemplary and should be an inspiration to anybody who is learning to work a reception counter in a hotel. What a delight!

The price is fair and the service terrific. Definitely a “10”!

The location is ideal and the hotel is surrounded by everything you may need.

Enjoy Tel Aviv even more when you’re staying here.

Date of stay: November 2017
Yaron A, Front of the house manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Jeffery P,

THank you for choosing Dan Tel Aviv ad for taking the time to share your experience.

I was so gald to read that you enjoyerd your stadf and found our staff to be so helpful and kind.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were on a small tour and we checked into the Dan Tel Aviv. It was an uneventful stay, nice breakfast, beautiful room. However, at the end of the tour we returned to the hotel and it was a completely different story. We were not able to check in until 10pm, so we were comped dinner. We could only eat from the bar menu because it was so late. It took 40 minutes to be served. Everyone was served except my husband who ordered a hamburger. When we asked repeatedly where his dinner was we were told it would be right out. Other burgers were served in the dining room around us. We were visited by the maitre d and the manager. We did not receive the burger until close to 10 pm. We were not listened to. It was like talking to a wall. They did not care one bit. It was awful. Then we finally received our room keys and the room we got was so bad it was insulting. I likened it to slave quarters. Our tour leader was so upset at the reception we received. I will go out of my way NOT to stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Janis S
Dvir M, Guest Relations at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Janis,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. Good to know that you returned safely to the US.

According to your review, I would like you to know, that what happened that evening in the dining room is certainly not our standard and does not apply to what we constantly strive to achieve. It is a huge regret if a guest leaves anything less than 100% satisfied.

I spoke to you that evening and explained that there was a misunderstanding in communication, which certainly is a mistake that should not have happened. As you know from your previous stay, we usually live up to our guests expectations. I would like to apologize once again for your husbands late dinner.

Our management and your tour leader did get together and discussed the occurred inconvenience and please know that it has been forwarded to the concerned departments.

We wish you a very nice autumn and all the best.

Angelique
Guest Relations Department

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights in the Dan. My room was perfect, the service in the business lounge as well.
A nice place to stay, particularly on Business stay.
Breakfast is really great. A little bit tricky to get some coffee, but if you know Israel;-)
Thank you and looking forward to my next stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Stefan,

Thank you so much for reviewing the Dan Tel Aviv.

It is a great reward to know that we have succeeded in providing you a stay that left you truly satisfied.

Please excuse the waiting time for your coffee but since good things take time, I guess it was worth the wait.

We hope to see you very soon again at the Dan Tel Aviv and wish you a beautiful autumn in the meantime.

With (still) warm and sunny regards from Tel Aviv,
Angelique
Guest Relations Department

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My parents gave me money to spend a luxurious weekend in Tel Aviv for my round birthday. Wanting to show my children what a beautiful country this is, I took them alone (one adult, two children) and booked at the Dan Hotel Tel Aviv for 2 nights, including breakfast on booking.com, which cost over $500 per night. We arrived there after a long trip on Friday evening, and the elderly bellboy (with whom I had sympathy) was busy helping others, so I carried the three suitcases into the hotel from the cab myself. That was the beginning of a trend for our stay: kind and attentive staff who have no chance of pleasing the guests because there are too few of them. These are management problems: not personnel problems. The building may have been nice 50 years ago, and its location is good, but the interior is dark and depressing, dilapidated and not nearly worth the price charged to naive tourists. I felt taken advantage of. I have never written a negative review on Trip Advisor before, but I want to prevent other tourists from falling into this trap. The lady at reception promised us a "beautiful room," which brightened our faces temporarily; in fact, the view was of a disgusting swimming pool, which my children and I thought at first was part of our hotel. I will post a photo of it here. Nice view for $500 per night! The room itself was dark, even with the blinds open (in the evening it was hard to read, even with all the lights on). The shower drain was clogged, so the bathroom floor flooded when we showered. The breakfast was inedible, although I had paid $100 extra per night, hoping for an amazing Israeli breakfast. There were piles of mostly cracked "boiled eggs" - all hard-boiled. Would it be too much work to offer soft-boiled eggs as well? Almost no fruit on offer: just vegetables, half stale cakes, fish and humus. My children ate nothing. One night, in the middle of the night, my daughter vomited in bed, and when I called all the numbers on the phone in the room (reception, concierge, "customer service"), no-one answered any of them, so I fixed the bed the best I could without any fresh linen, and she went back to sleep. I will not return, probably to Israel at all, as my children couldn't wait to return to Vienna. Thank you, Dan Hotel Tel Aviv, for nothing!

1  Thank Jennifer D
Yaron_DanTlv, Asst. Room Division Manager at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Jennifer D,
I was truly sorry to read your review. It is obvious that this was not the kind of experience you were expecting and I would like to learn more from you about what went wrong. At Dan Tel Aviv we pride ourselves for extending caring and attentive service to all our guests and I am deeply sorry this was not how you felt during your stay.

Kindly contact me directly so that we can make things right and regain your trust. Please call the hotel and ask for me or email me at: Dt-rd.YaronA@danhotels.com

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Great location and nice vibe - on Eastern Shore of Mediterranean Sea. Room was 1990’s luxe - welcome correct but not at all warm or hospitable. Inconceivable that Room had no coffee machine or tea kettle. Bathroom was nice but we had very little counter space to put our toiletries. Breakfast was first class but again service lacked warmth or hospitality.

Overall - nice but meh! You can do better and Dan Hotels certainly should.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear rswfmChicago,

Thank you for choosing Dan Tel Aviv and for sharing your experience with the TA community.

I am gald you enjoyed your stay and noted that certain aspects did not meet your expectations.

At Dan Tel Aviv we spare no efforts nad constantly improving our facilities and services.

I hope to have the chance of welcoming you back in the hotel to a stay that will be to your full satisfaction.

Warm regards,