“Great sushi, nice atmosphere. Definitely will return soon”
Review of Amama

Amama
Ranked #990 of 1,846 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Had a great dinner. It was too humid to sit outside, the inside is cozy and modern.
For starters we had a tasty seaweeds and noodle cold salad and "crazy Japanese", a very interesting fried rice squares with steak and eggplant, the sushi afterwards was phenomenal.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Very poor experience... Save yourself the disappointment and go somewhere else.
Agadashi Tufu - arrived cold. When I asked to return it, and get a new one, they simply re-heated it. It arrived as a sloppy mess. Not to mention it was the first time I saw this dish served with an eggplant...
Turi Katsu - supposed to be a rice dish with chicken. Got an overcooked shnitzel swimming in brown souce, that tasted instant. Really, one of the worst dishes I had in long time.
Sushi - mediocre at best.
To top it all, prices are not cheap, and at the end they made a mistake and charged us for another table's bill, which was higher.
DON'T GO!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

The food is so bad that I wouldn't even let my dog eating this garbage! No kidding! I wouldn't visit thete again even for free. The hostess were tolerable but the food was terrible. The worst I've ever tried. I'm still in kind of a shock rhat a place that calls himself a restaurant serves this kind of food. Absolutely disgusting!!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The place prides itself on being associated with Yama-san, the only Sushi Master in Israel, and with TYO, one of the leading Japanese restaurants in Tel Aviv.
Unfortunately, all these claims to fame did not manifest themselves during the meal.

The Amama Special, supposedly the flagship of their sushi menu, was below average, even when compared to sushi in the various Japanese restaurant chains (Japanika etc.)

More serious problems arose with the Shirashi. The strips of White Grouper in the dish still had bits of skin attached to them, including two small bone. Very sloppy work, very unprofessional. I doubt this was prepared under the supervision of a Sushi Master.

Service was prompt and friendly, the place itself is inviting, prices are average, and to their credit they even called the next day to get our feedback. Hopefully they'll improve.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

While the food is not bad the hostess was a disaster. Before we even sat down the hostess threatened us. We could either have smoke or direct sun even though we ordered a place in advance. Then she argued with us when I said neither was acceptable. They brought us food and then took it away saying it was for someone else. Brought dirty plates and after we complained was exchanged. If like being mistreated come here

Date of visit: June 2017