All reviews great hotel huge shower top floor old city indoor pool zion square nespresso machine perfect location walking distance ben yehuda rooms are great highly recommend this hotel jaffa street deluxe room pleasant stay light rail beautiful room
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night with my son. Check-in was easy and friendly, room was nice, clean and new. My only complaint was when we went up to the beautiful roof-top dining room for breakfast it was a mad house! We had to wait 15 minutes to get a table. The table still had dirty dishes on it when they seated us. There were no clean glasses anywhere. My son drank juice out of coffee cup. I asked a waiter for a cappuccino, which never came. The self service coffee line was 10 people deep waiting. It was literally the worst breakfast dining experience I’ve had in an Israeli hotel. Not enough staff, not enough room and so stressful and hard just to get coffee and food!! Elevator also couldn’t keep up with guests, waited 5-7 minutes for the elevator just to leave breakfast! Good thing we weren’t in a hurry!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank F5493PYjulies
Reviewed 9 November 2018

My husband and I just stayed for 4 days at the Herbert Samuel in Jerusalem. From the orange juice offered at check-in to the help we received for arranging transport to the airport by Elad, the service offered by the staff was phenomenal. Our room on the 10th floor had a great view, was spacious and had a super large shower! Breakfast buffet was excellent, better than other 5 star Israeli hotels. Finally, the location can’t be beat! Right on Zion Square, right next to Ben Yehuda, Yoel Salomon and Jaffa Rd. with all the shops, restaurants and light rail.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Just spent 1 night here and wish we had more time. Hotel is located in very nice location and convenient to both the Old City and the more modern area. Decor was nice. Room was very nice from standpoint of functionality - well laid out, and plenty of wall outlets on both sides of the bed, and throughout the room. Very nice bathroom with rain water showerheads. Great morning breakfast buffet. Overall, an excellent experience.

Room tip: One side of the hotel has bars across the street. Was not a problem, but could ask for Quieter side if early sleeper.
Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank BAW_Travel
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We based ourselves in Herbert Samuel for our five night stay in Israel. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and the staff are willing to assist when asked. The shower cabin is huge, it is the biggest one I have seen in a hotel.

The only issue (and why I am giving it 4 stars) I had was that the toiletries and nescafé pods were not automatically filled by housekeeping a few days. Once I asked the hotel for these they were delivered.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights. Upon arriving Maya greeted us warmly and was extremely efficient! Turns out she had lived near us for 3 years. Check in was a breeze.
Throughout the time we spent in the hotel Maya and the staff were always friendly and helpful. We hit a snag with housekeeping and Maya IMMEDIATELY took care of it.
The room was modern and the bathroom was big with a terrific large shower.
The breakfast was FANTASTIC! The best of all the hotels we had stayed in in Israel.
We had Friday night dinner at the hotel and there are no words to describe the variety....sashimi tuna, carpaccio beef, dozens of salads,a caving station with 4 or 5 choices PLUS PLUS PLUS! It was delicious.
Raphael always greeted us so pleasantly in the dining room and his staff took very good care of us.
The location of the hotel was probably the best part. It was in the heart of the action and within walking distance to wherever we wanted to be.
We would highly recommend staying here.i

Date of stay: October 2018