All reviews top floor great hotel huge shower old city indoor pool zion square nespresso machine perfect location walk in shower highly recommend this hotel rooms are great pleasant stay ben yehuda night life walking distance late check superior room
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights as part of a tour package. The location is great with the promenade just outside the doors. The old city is a 15 minute stroll from the hotel
The city views from the 11th story restaurant were fantastic
We found the staff very helpful
Our room was very clean. Over our stay we received several calls to our room asking if we needed anything for our room
Those calls were certainly not expected
The breakfast and supper buffets that were included with our package were very good. I only have one suggestion and that would be the supper deserts were the least extensive of any of the hotels we stayed at during our tour.
We would definitely stay there again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Orchid H, Front Office Manager at Herbert Samuel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Oakley11,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you had a very nice stay at our property. It sounds like you were especially impressed by our signature Herbert Samuel service, along with our central location, breakfast and dinner, and guestrooms.

We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Where to begin... The good points: Food is delicious and location is great. Elad was very gracious and assisted us with our bags when we arrived and when we left. Muhammed waited on us a few times at breakfast and was very gracious. Some of the other staff were pleasant as well in the restaurant.

Now to the issues. This was our 1st trip to the Holy Land and boy were we looking forward to it. I booked a deluxe room with twin beds at the Herbert Samuel based on reviews. I wanted a really nice place to stay that was centrally located so when we returned from a long day, I knew that we would have a clean and comfortable room to return to. The issues begin at checkin.

1. When we arrived  (my 67 year old mom traveled with me), the desk clerk said "Oh, you two are sharing a bed." Me: Really?!? I said of course not as we have reservations for a deluxe twin room. So she had someone else take over and that young man said he didn't have any available as it wasn't on our reservation (I showed them a copy of my reservation on my phone which clearly stated twin room), but that he could offer us a cot for the first night then move us the next day. Me: Really?!? I paid +$300/night and am staying 5 nights. I willl not sleep on a cot. We need a twin room. So they finally "found" one & went to have the king separated. When we got to the room, they had hastily separated the twins & my mother's bed didn't have a mattress pad on it, just a flat sheet. Me:Really?!? This is a +$300/night room in a 5 star hotel. My first call to the front desk was to ask that they come make the bed properly including providing the appropriate standard bedding for my mother. They did.
2. Dinner in the restaurant that same night. We walk in and no one greets us. So after a few minutes, I walk to the bar area which is right by the door to ask the bartender about seating. He begrudgingly replies "It's $200 shekels." Me: Ok. Him: "That's $200 shekels per person." Me: Yes, that's understood. SMH saying to myself again, Really!?!?  It's buffet style & as I said previously, the food is delicious. Service.... Some of the wait staff were pleasant, others wouldn't even look at us.
3. Cleanliness. After dinner we return to the room and upon closer inspection, it's rather dusty. But I think maybe they haven't booked it in a while. So I give them the benefit of the doubt (but that contradicts the front desk statement that they didn't have any twins available). So I did a bit of dusting and wiping down a few spots in the room.
4. Toiletries & Linens. Toiletries great. But no washcloths. Did I mention this is +$300/night? Luckily we brought our own.
5. Breakfast. Again, food is delicious. Staff...meh... except for Muhammed. He was extremely pleasant and gracious.
6. Leave for a full day of sightseeing and come back in time for Shabbat Dinner. Now mom & I are really looking forward to this. Well, we did not feel welcomed at all by the staff or their guests (but I don't fault the hotel for their guests' behavior).
7. Shabbat. Housekeeping stops by to ask if we want our room serviced. Seeing that it is Shabbat, I said no. I did ask specifically for wash clothes (see point 4 above) & he stated they don't have any. So we just got towels.
8. Sunday. I specifically turn the green service light on so they will service our room while we are out for almost 24 hours touring Jordan and Petra. We return 1AM Monday & the bed sheets have not been changed (this is day 4), bathroom was half cleaned & beds were half made. At this point on day 4, I've had enough, but too tired to call the front desk that late. So the next morning I turn the light green again hoping they will thoroughly clean the room while we are out.  When we return that afternoon, the beds are made & we have new towels, but again no clean sheets. I call the front desk & they send someone up. My mom proceeds to show him how dirty the room is by taking a handwipe & wiping the desk, tv, nightstand, lamp to show him the dust and grim. He seems shocked and leaves. He returns a few minutes later to say that my light was red so they couldn't clean the room today. That was it! That was a blatant lie as someone had entered the room & made the beds & provided clean towels (still no washcloths). So if the light was red & thus they couldn't enter the room to clean it, how were the beds made & we have fresh towels  (no washcloths)?! He had me speak to the front desk & I shared the above logic & they agreed.  So he cleans our room & provides us.... washclothes  (remember point 4!). So I am completely shocked and tell him the story about how we were told the hotel didn't have wash clothes. He smirked as if to say he couldn't believe someone told us that.

Character is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

I recall the Tanakh stating that the Israelites were to be a light to the nations to draw them to the God of Israel. My mother and I experienced little light on this first trip to Israel at this hotel. And all the Herbert Samuel is doing is giving the enemies of Israel an actual reason to hate them. I am an African American woman who LOVES the God of Israel AND HIS chosen people, the Nation of Israel.  And to be treated like we were, breaks my heart. May God bless those who mistreated us and show them how to be the light to the nations. And for Elad and Muhammed and a select few other staff members, thank you for your hospitality and may the God of Israel bless you richly.

All people of color, if you want to enjoy your trip to the Holy Land, think twice about spending your money at the Herbert Samuel. Go fellowship and spend your money with those who truly love the God of Israel and exhibit that love to all people.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GNO-Queen

Dear GNO-Queen,

Firstly, I want to thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review of our hotel.

I'm very pleased that you found our service to be excellent, and our location ideal for your needs. That being said, I would like to apologize for the hiccups you encountered during your stay. In our system, your reservation was for a king-bedded room, and we gladly allocated that. For some reason, your request for twin beds through a third-party was not transferred to the hotel, and finding you a room proved to be quite a challenge as it was not pre-requested and the hotel was sold-out. I am glad that we were ultimately able to upgrade you and provide a twin-bed room for the duration of your stay.

As our many excellent reviews can attest, service is the hallmark of our hotel, and I am sorry that you did not share the same experience as so many others have. I will be sure to review your comments in detail with the relevant departments, and can promise to do our best to perform better in the future.

We would be honored to welcome you back to the Holy Land and to the Herbert Samuel when your travel plans allow.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The hotel is perfectly located walking distance to the old city and the market as well as central to restaurants and nightlife. The Herbert Samuel rooms are comfortable, luxurious as just a bit small. The pool, spa and workout areas are beautiful and the restaurant on the top floor is flooded with light, offers beautiful views and a delicious breakfast. From the moment we arrived until the second we left the staff was beyond gracious, attentive and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear J W,

Thank you very much for your helpful comments.

We couldn't be more thrilled to know that your stay was a successful one, and that you appreciated our location, guestrooms, spa and wellness center, and breakfast buffet. Especially heartwarming are your kind words about our team members, who truly strive to go above and beyond to provide impeccable service to all of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We are a group of 15 people coming from Asia, USA and Canada. The hotel is located in the heart of all shopping and eating and sightseeing locations. To top it more, great staff and service from front desk to housekeeping. Special mention to Mr. Sami A. who went out of his way to assist our group in exploring Jerusalem furthermore. No doubt this is the hotel you should not miss when you come to Jerusalem. We shall return. Thank you all for the great memories.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Orchid H, Front Office Manager at Herbert Samuel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the Herbert Samuel, Jerusalem. Our service is indeed what sets us apart from other hotels, and I am delighted that Sami showcased our signature hospitality in the best possible way.

We hope to host you and your group again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel has nice and very clean rooms. You will need to find a parking place if you come by car but there are multiple around. The breakfast is excellent and Spa amazing. Minor detail is the airco in the soa which makes it chilly to lay down after a dip. Service was so great, with a special Thanks to Atira who saved my holiday.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Marjolein C,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Herbert Samuel, Jerusalem.

We are very pleased to learn that your stay was wonderful, including our breakfast and spa and wellness center. I am especially delighted to read that Atira saved your holiday. She is truly one of the crowning jewels of our hotel, and I will be sure to commend her for her superior hospitality.

We hope to host you again soon.