All reviews roof garden damascus gate pilgrimage tour old city great location no lift large lounge east jerusalem both breakfast and dinner morning and evening bus station lounge area muslim quarter easy access hotel is situated excellent hotel pilgrims
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is the 5th time I have stayed here, the staff here are very friendly they will accommodate anything you ask for, the rooms are lovely, definitely recommend the Golden Walls, will definitely be back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2018

entrance doors is long staircase. It is beautiful but very inconvenient. You must carry your bags yourself up the step stairs or take the risk with leaving them there almost in the street and climb the stairs and ask for help in the reception. Not a good choice!
However, the rooms are very nice. They are quite spacious especially considering the crowded area the hotel is situated in. The furniture is nice, and the beds are large, and there is an extra bed which is very common in this area of the world. And our room was surprisingly quite for a room just one level over the street. The bathroom has a bathtub with just shower heads. One can wander they have put a bath tub under the shower. I had preferred if they had skipped it.
The breakfast buffet is good but not special, for example there are no omelette cook. It total it is a good hotel in attractive spot but with a large disadvantage.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank hansolofh
Reviewed 21 August 2018

It's a reasonably good hotel located just outside the Damascus gate. As with most properties in the vicinity the rooms are small and basic. Hotel rates vary between seasons so do shop around, and usually include a basic breakfast.

It was a series of unfortunate incidences that led me to book this hotel. Travelling from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem I received an email from the hotel I'd originally booked months ago they had overbooked so I quickly searched for another nearby.

There are some areas and hotels that people of certain faiths aren't welcome and that became apparent as I tried calling one but they refused to take the booking despite rooms being available. Initially I was told a twin room was available throughout the stay and on giving personal details the tone quickly changed. During the call their English deteriorated so much so they couldn't understand my English so they started speaking Hebrew. This is Israel and this is apparently the norm.

So for the Golden Walls I booked online using a popular app but remained on edge on arrival at the hotel. The staff were pleasant and showed me a few rooms before decided on one. It's location is probably the best thing about it, being outside the city wall means less noise. It has a nice open veranda area on the top floor with tables and chairs.

There's plenty of eateries and shops nearby. A popular restaurant on the corner has a cashpoint inside and the staff are welcoming.

On my final day, I wanted to stay over by a few hours till 4pm - a rate of $60 was levied. That is expensive know a full night stay was $20 odd more.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are spacious with good views but traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The room, the service, location, breakfast - all good. I would have given it 5 stars but two things ruined it right at the end.

1. I was double charged for a one day extension. I booked through Booking.com and showed the hotel that the money was coming out of my bank account. Despite this, they said they would charge me through the card again and Booking.com would cancel the first charge, which they did not. So now I have been charged twice and it's up to me to sort it out. Very unhappy about this.

2. The hotel hired us a taxi back to the airport for early in the morning. The driver kept closing his eyes behind the wheel, went at great speed and was swerving all over the road. The only time to slowed down was when he saw a police car on the road. Really, really dangerous and not really the hotel's fault but they hired the taxi.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
rasheedn, Public Relations Manager at Golden Walls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We have check our credit card company and they confirmed what our front desk staff assured you; No double charge has been made.
If you have a double charge please talk to your bank and Email us directly.

The taxi service is an outside company that the Hotel uses for the convenience of our guests.
We are not responsible for any of their actions.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

The hotel is in a great location, a less than five minute walk to the Damascus Gate. There is an amazing breakfast that's included in the cost of the room. The staff will do all it can to help out. The room I stayed in was comfortable, clean and offered all the creature comforts I needed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business