“Do Something Different: A Different Tour from a Different Tour Provider”
Review of Green Olive Tours

Palestine Revealed: 2-Day Private Tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv
Ranked #11 of 263 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Green Olive Tours has departures from Ramallah, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, & Tel Aviv. The company is a cooperative of Israelis and Palestinians, and is a social enterprise focusing on cultural and people-to-people experiences in Palestine an Israel, visiting religious and historical sites, villages, refugee camps, and off-the–beaten track locations. Our guides are knowledgeable and illuminate the culture, politics and history of the Palestinian and Israeli people. Each day-trip is unique. You might find yourself having lunch with a Palestinian or Bedouin family one day, then meeting a Samaritan priest the next. We offer daily tours and multi-day experiences that include home stays in Bethlehem and Palestinian villages. Our tours benefit the local people.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Fred S, General Manager at Green Olive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This was as insightful and entertaining as I hoped. Two great tour guides gave us a great insiders look into the day-to-day for the Palestinians. We also got see many of the Banksy's, and had a great lunch in Hebron. We could not recommend this tour more highly.

1  Thank Adam M
Fred S, General Manager at Green Olive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback. We hope to see you again.
Fred Schlomka, CEO

Reviewed 4 November 2017

As a member of a group on a very good but one-sided tour of Israel, I really wanted to hear the other side of the story. Fortunately, Jehanne is an organizational whiz and managed a workaround that would suit my time constraints and allow me to join a tour to the other side of the wall. I went on the Bethlehem and Banksy tour with Yamen who is energetic, passionate, fun, and really informative. We went to a refugee camp, visited the church of the Nativity, met (I'm pretty sure by chance) a young boy whose forehead was scarred from being shot by a rubber bullet, and spent time reading the messages of hope, love and despair on the barbed wire-topped wall. I only wish I had taken the longer tour rather than the shorter one.

1  Thank KEJ2

I'm glad we were able top show you aspects of the country and people that tourists rarely get to see. We thrive on crafting special tours to meet the needs of our guests. Do come again.
-----
Fred Schlomka, CEO

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We did the Jerusalem day tour. On the positive side it was very interesting and thought provoking tour presenting an an alternative viewpoint. On the negative side I thought the tour made insufficient effort to present a balanced point of view. I don't recall a single positive statement being made about the State of Israel during the tour. At the same time we were presented with an uncritical view of the Palestinian side of the conflict.

As a tour this was an interesting and thought provoking day but is really only suitable for people who have already seen the key sights of Jerusalem as only cursory regard was had to them during the tour.

Fred S, General Manager at Green Olive Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thanks for your comments. Yes, this tour is designed to present a critical view of israel's 50-year Occupation of East Jerusalem. We do not believe in a balanced approach. From our perspective that would be kind of like doing a balanced tour of the Jim Crow American South in the 1950s. Sometimes there is a right and a wrong about a situation.

There are many Zionist tours that present the Zionist perspective. As our tour description indicates, this is not a typical touristic excursion but a political tour. We do not visit historical or religious sites. However on many of our other tours we do visit sites in addition to political and social commentary.

Again, thanks for your feedback.
Fred Schlomka
CEO

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just did the 5 hour Banksy Tour. It truly was fascinating.

The tour guide brought us to a number of very powerful sites. He was a great guy who knew so much. When walking around, he knew everyone.

We had a very fun lunch. We felt safe and in good hands the entire time.

We saw things most tourists to Israel will never see I highly recommend this tour

THanks so much for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the tour.
Fred Schlomka