All reviewsdamascus gateold citywest jerusalemtemple mountmarkettramproximity
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Friendly staff team and funny location - the opposite of the tidily kept and clean streets of the town centre.
Worried about how much I was charged, need to check the conversion rate again before I say this for sure.
Mix of guests, much more International than Rich's Place though. Not the best en suites or showers, but very near to the old town.
Not too easy to get to sleep with all the prayers so nearby, but kitten had a strange fondness for the place for some bizarre reason.
Maybe it was the all day free coffee.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I have booked last minute place to stay, and it was quite good value for money. Location is simply great, you have the big market around, so you can always get fresh food. I have met some nice people in this hostel, so I recommend to stay for solo people and meet fellow travellers. During the winter the big rooms might be empty, so if you get lucky, you can get good room. Bathroom and kitchen need some clean-up preferably reconstruction.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I reserved a private room for a good price MONTHS in advance. When I got there, they said the private room I had reserved was now double the price and that there was a shared room available for the same price that I reserved the private room for.

These guys are so dishonest and really don't care about their guests. This is a miserable excuse for a hostel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I knew it was going to be basic but............. for a solo travelling woman I just felt the location and everything around it so suffocating. Sleezy men around in the market shop which is literally attached below to the entrance steps.
once you go in, everyone is crowded in the hall way sofa area like its some sort of refugee camp. alongside them, are the little bedrooms which are super basic and old. cant imagine this place has ever been cleaned. I felt uncomfortable here and if you are young and want social vibe you wont get it here. My room had some weird characters and some questionably older ages sleeping there.
Luckily I was travelling with a new friend so we were out most of the night and I left early next day. Never again............

Room Tip: Just dont stay here
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The hostel is nearby the Damascus Gate. It's was cheap and clean. I don't have much to complain. It's a basic hostel and the staff is friendly. I stayed in 8 bed room and it was oke. People were nice and it was safe to leave your stuff at your room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends