All reviews awesome stay workout facility religious guests attending a conference land trip outdoor pool orthodox jews light rail train yom kippur upscale hotel our room was spacious holy city shakshuka the hotel is clean old city fantastic hotel stay there again
Reviewed 12 August 2018

The Ramada. is a great place to stay & relax when visiting Jerusalem. Wonderful food resort like facility. Spending Shabbat at the hotel is also great. A complete Shabbat service is offered as well as daily services.

Room tip: Very comfortable!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Steven B
Medina P, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Steven B
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so glad you had a memorable relaxing stay with us at the Ramada and Looking forward to seeing you among our guests again soon.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Excellent hotel for haredi families and strictly religious observant jewish families. The hotel provides kosher lemehadrin meals. It also provides separations between women and men in the pool. However, if the guest is non observant ,staying in this hotel could be too difficult and restrict as it was for us.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018

I was given a room where the shower had only cold water. I called the reception on a few occasions but only promises. It was high season and the only thing on their mind was to make money and check in the maximum people but after that they couldn't care less.
My room was not done and after calling the room service, the reception and even asked for a manager to call me back, I am still waiting. They did the room only 2 days later and just put on the cover on the beds and didn't put the bed sheet straight, no fresh towels in the bathroom etc...My room was on top of the kitchen so no way I could open the window to go on the balcony even at night without having the hot disgusting smell of the kitchen. They don't respect your requirement made at the time of the booking through internet.
Horrible service for a 4 stars hotel

Room tip: top floors if you manage
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tompouce28

Dear Tompouce28
Thank you for taking the time to write and sorry for the inconvenience occurred during your past stay with us.
I can assure you that your comments regarding housekeeping will not go unnoticed and we are working on our staff training in order to avoid such issues in the future .
Looking forward to seeing you among our guests again soon

Reviewed 2 August 2018

stayed here price is very good for a jerusalem hotel although its a 10 minutes till you get anywhere check in was ok room is good size and clean staff arent bad but not very friendly breakfast is ok but i found quality of food only average it has a great pool area with an indoor and outdoor pool which is great so overall ok

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Medina P, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Michael g
thank you for taking the time to write.Our guests comments are appreciated because it gives us a tool to improve our customer service.
So thank you for the constructive notes. All in all I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I can assure you we at the Ramada are constantly doing our utmost to give our guests a memorable experience /
Looking forward to seeing you among our guests

Reviewed 22 July 2018

My family stayed here for two weeks, using it as a base while touring the entire country. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable, and air conditioned. Ours had a balcony and a phenomenal view of the rest of Jerusalem. Service was terrific, and you should keep in mind that while in Israel, you are FAMILY. Do your family members pussy-foot around telling you what to do? No, they do not! Neither will the staff at the front desk of Ramada. They are authentically kind, friendly, and helpful. If you ask a direct question, you will get a direct answer, and that's that.

The Ramada Jerusalem is "kosher me'hadrin," meaning that Jewish law meets the most widely recognized level in the country. Your food will meet top standards and all of your Israeli friends and relatives will feel comfortable dining in all of their restaurants. The elevators function automatically on Shabbat. They have their own synagogue services on Shabbat as well.

The hotel is modern, bright, and comfortable enough to meet snooty American standards (I was happy there). The bathroom is American-style, they provide toiletries, and also have a well-stocked convenience shop in the lobby (as well as an art shop).

FOOD: Kosher l'me-hadrin; ENORMOUS Israeli breakfast is provided and consists of whatever is grown and seasonally fresh in Israel, at that time. Dozens of cheeses, salads, fish, fruit, coffees, dairy products, olives, vegetables, etc.

IMPORTANT: If you are staying over Shabbat (sabbath) or Yom Tov (holiday), you need to pay separately for dinner and other meals at the front desk, AHEAD of time.

Transportation: This hotel is one block away from the train, and bus service. An attentive armed guard controls which taxis enter the premises. Inside security will gladly hail you a cab. However, if they don't like the looks or affadavit of your taxi on arrival, he cannot enter the premises (this happened to us once). Keep in mind that in Israel you DO tip wait staff in restaurants (including the hotel) but you do NOT ever tip the taxi driver.

The people watching in the Ramada Jerusalem bar area is frequented by families, dating couples, and pretty much everyone. You can expect to see chaperoned couples and their families of all kinds that are courting each other. People from every walk of Israeli society come through those lobby doors, and it was some of the best people-watching I have enjoyed, ever.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Medina P, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Amy L
Thank you so much for your detailed positive review/I couldn't write a better one myself.
Looking forward to seeing you among our guests real soon and maybe we'll have a chance to meet in person.
warmest regards