See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017

First the good things. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive. I was there with a group and we had our meals in the hotel dining room. The food was good.

Now the bad.

There was a wedding one night. The music was incredibly loud and penetrated the room, especially the bass. On the bright side, when I went to the front desk to see when the music would stop, they said at 11. At 10:55 the music was over. BTW, the hotel advertises that they are a good spot for weddings, so there is a good chance there will be a wedding (with loud music) when you stay there.

I was about to get into the shower when I noticed that although there were hand towels in the bathroom, there were no bath towels. I went to call the front desk, but there were no instructions on how to call anyone by the phone. So I dialed 0, but that didn't get me connected to anything. So I had to get dressed and go to the front desk. The clerk was very apologetic and gave me a towel from a stack she had nearby. I guess this is a recurrent problem.

Besides no instructions for the phone, there were no instructions for the TV and the two TV remotes (each different) which were in the room.

The door to the small cupboard which housed the mini-fridge was off its lower hinge. I left the door open every morning so housekeeping could see it needed repair. Every evening I came back and the door was dutifully closed, but not fixed.

The wifi was painfully slow and the signal incredibly poor. I had to return some Skype calls and get emails from a table in the lobby. Not good at all.

While this didn't happen to me, several in my group indicated that the door cards didn't work and they had to go to the front desk on several occasions to get them re-programmed.

The Garden Hotel says they are a boutique hotel. I think what they mean is that they are amateurs in the hospitality business.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zelig K
Reviewed 4 December 2016

small boutique hotel, beautiful rooms, view of the mediterranean sea from our porch (not all rooms have that view or a porch). the workers were nice and accommodating. Very good location, right near a mall and congress center, beach and Haifa Carmel tunnels.

Room Tip: ask for porch and view of the sea
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Absolutely not worth staying here. Very outdated.
Room was dirty and even not cleaned one of the days I stayed here.
Upon arrival no hangers and a Big pile of dirty towels in the closset.
They had a wedding arrangement and so the restaurant was closed, they managed to put something together for me 1 ½ hrs after asking for it.
No, will not return!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank ARYHarndrup
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This hotel has to be the nicest i've stayed in it it clean and very well maintained it is not a huge hotel as it is only 2 floors but make sure you get a room on the east side of the hotel the rooms are large and when i say large i mean very big they are like twice the size of what i have stayed in the past. The breafast is really rich and caters for everyone. There are some great places to eat close by this hotel. An italian restaurant and a rib place wich makes some really tasty burgers. And the mall wich is quite close is very good place to spend some time.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

I have reviewed mqny hotels so far and i have mixed feelings about this one.
A small boutique hotel some 5minutes walk from the "Haifa shoping center". 15 minutes walk from the train station and the beach qns same distance to Matam business center and Sami offer stadium.
They sure did invest money in the decor and the rooms are large and modern.
However ...
We paid for a room with an ocean view ...
Well... Withe some effort we got a glimpse of the sea.
No one bothered to cool down the room upon check in and the termostat was showing 30 celsious at the room. After half an hour with the aircon on... It came down to 27.
The room was not at all clean and the Cables did not work.
We sure did complain at tgat point and were offered another room at the ground floor. No view but with a small patio.
The room was large and modern with a unique bath tab !
But... Unfortunatly it was not clean.
The fron door was a bit off balance, the sink was half clogged and the closet door fell out when we opend it.
What a shame.
Such a potential, over taken by poor maintenence.
The staf were pleasent and helpfull and brakefast was good.
A wedding took place at the hotel which provided us with some loud music till around 23:00. At least the DJ was fairly good.
Unfortunately i will not return to this hotel
It was nice but not great.
If you are on s business trip to Haifa in general or MATAM in particular, it can be fine for your needs.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple