All reviews falafel family hotel flights of stairs german colony area free parking within walking distance
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights here and had an excellent experience. The owners are very friendly and eager to make one feel at home. Our room was clean and quiet with a lovely modern bathroom and an excellent shower. This second-generation owned family hotel is well maintained and, as the owner’s wife explained to us, they are redoing the rooms of this 1930’s historic hotel little by little. The hotel was built by the owner’s grandfather who was a German refugee in the 1930’s. We definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Sorry for the title but this was a funny one. I would not go back although to be fair I would say that the room was clean and comfortable -

I checked in at night time after a long trip only to be disturbed by a dubious 'local' who told the receptionist that he was looking for a room for an hour! (this conversation was in Hebrew which I understand!) - She informed him that he would need to wait - and he told her that he needs it urgently, it is his 'usual' room.... I asked the receptionist to please deal with me first as a guest... which she did....

When I did more research on the hotel it turns out that they rent out their rooms also by the hour - and advertise on local escort sites.

The sleaze factor may or may not bother you as guests and yes the room was OK, but I will not be back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gavin M G
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

A third-generation family hotel in an old 1930 building which I found perfectly located for walks/runs around the city and great street food. The neighbourhood is a fantastic mix of Israeli, Arab and Russian voices, shops and coffee debate.
Room was simple with a basic bathroom, TV and great little terrace. Although there is a communal terrace which is just as nice.
The staff couldn’t do enough to make sure you knew where you were, what to see, who to visit for a pedicure (!) and which falafel was best. Can’t speak highly enough of their welcome.
Don’t stay here if you are seeking Egyptian cotton sheets and someone to carry your bags (up a number of flights of stairs). The Eden’s charm, in-the-thick-of-it location and authenticity would be lost on you!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank AussieAdrift
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The photos are not representative of the standard of the hotel. The entrance to the toilet in my room was from the balcony, and there was a hole through the wall. The only positive thing was the location. We moved out after one night and found a more pleasant hotel in the neighborhood. We had to pay upfront and when asking for a refund, we were simply told it was our decision. I do not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank karinsewerin
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I got the room that was on the description. A decent sized room. No desk or chair. The bed was okay, but to hard. The pillows had quite a lot of lumps.

The room had a nice balcony facing the streets. The room was clean and the bathroom was rather modern. A lot of the water ended up on the floor while showering.

There was a lot of noise from the outside road, so earplugs was necessary but not enough to keep the noise out.

The house is old and there is no elevator. My room was on the third floor. The reception is on the second floor.

There was Wi-Fi in the room but the bandwidth was rather poor.

There is a parking place for four cars but they are squeezed in.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. That was the most positive about the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo