All reviews bahai gardens great location ben gurion charming hotel quiet room historic building restaurants and bars street level breakfast was excellent rooms are nice walking distance small hotel the hotel manager salad mount carmel issac israel
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I travel a lot and I rarely rave about service, however, the service at The Colony was second to none. A big shout out especially to Athar, she made me feel right at home, even helped me out with some tricky issues I had which enabled me to get to a business meeting with time to spare. I know 5 stars is the max to give, but I give The Colony 7 stars for service, location and a delicious breakfast. I will be back again next year, but this time will stay longer.

Room Tip: This hotel is located at the base of the Bah'i Gardens, perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my family stayed at the hotel on several occasions, the location is great! Breakfast is awesome, staff are very friendly and accommodating! Manager Issac; as usual most accommodating.

Thank you for the great experience.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Came here for only 1 night, looking for not too expensive hotel. When first got there there was a big stage with a noisy show just outside, but when we got back around 23:00 it was quite. Hotel building is really nice and old, in the center of the German colony watching the Bahi gardens. Room was clean, beautifully decorated, very comfortable, good air conditioning, comfortable bed, even got bathrobe and slippers. Breakfast in the morning was for long time which is also great so no need to wake up early just for breakfast. The food was plenty, rich and very tasty. View from the roof was very nice. Will cone back maybe in the winter when it's not so hot and humid.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to the colony since 2015. I have had an excellent experience until 2018 where both visits (june and August) were terrible and have decided to not use this place again. I had specifically requested a quiet room on the top floor. When i got to the hotel there was an engagement party going on at the top floor just meters from my room. While it was supposed to end at 11 it actually didnt finish until 1. There were drunk guests from the engagement party knocking on my door. I had asked for a discount for the night and the manager of the hotel refused. His manner was condescending, rude and dismissive. The person on reception was equally unhelpful as he was spending most of his time on his cell phone.
I returned again in August and had emailed the hotel a few days before my arrival to check if there were any events at the hotel in the evening because i didnt want a repeat experience. I was informed there were no events. I arrived only to find an music festival and fireworks happening right outside the hotel for the entire duration of my stay. The events are scheduled to close at 10pm but that is never the case here. While this event was not held by the hotel itself there was no thought to inform guests - who are spending $150USD and more- that they will not sleep at the hotel throughout their stay becauae of it. After a long flight i had to spend 2 hours looking for a hotel. In general if events are on at the hotel or nearby its a problem to stay here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ophelliaz
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Really nice hotel. Good service, friendly staff, great quality food and the hotel rooms were spacious and comfy. Nice central location with the spectacular Bahai gardens just up the street.

Special mention to Hila who provided additional info at the front desk.

Room Tip: I faced the main street but you could ask for a room facing the water...doubtful a view is possible.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends