Sumahan on the Water
Basileus Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$454
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseuropean sidepublic ferryhotel's boatloft roomsboutique hotelbosphorus straitturkeyamazing locationbreakfast was deliciousfireplacebernashipsterraceremotefigssultanahmetemre
Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is my first visit for over a year and I am pleased to see that things have only gotten better. The rooms have a view that few on Earth can boast. I love the the intimate cafe that gives a nearly personal view of the European side of the strait. The food is great, particularly the steak salad! I love the little olive crackers that they make in-house and serve with drinks. I know they do it on site because I asked where I could buy them... I couldn't. I love the Liffey, but a beer on the Bosphorous - few things in life are as grand. I will be back!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016

I have stayed this Hotel and attended a wedding there in july 2016 l .I have contacted salmonella infection and and the next day I am hospitalized for 5 days. Its so sad for such a good location hotel , not to take care of the food they serve.

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Roco0801
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Loved the views and that is what this hotel is all about. It is so beautiful watching the boats go by on the Bosphorus that it would be criminal to close the curtains at night! The restaurant has an excellent location on the waterfront and is very tranquil. The front desk staff were very helpful, friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Think all rooms have fabulous Bosphorus views.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Sumahan is an elegant hotel by the water. You feel like you are living in a house on the water. Magical Istanbul view, cosy rooms with perfect view. Hotel restaurant Tapasuma is also best in the city. Would recommend for a romantic escape..

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We went as 3 couples for my husband's birthday. The location and service was very good but the food was not that great. It was also quite empty. It could be much better as the ambience of the place is very good and romantic. I guess they seem to only serve the hotel guests.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends