Metropolis Hostel
US$94
US$221
US$207
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastnice and clean roomsrooftop terracewould definitely stay here againblue mosquesafe areawifi connectionexcellent locationmain attractionsold townairportkeycomfortshuttle
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I had very enjoyable stay,Tthis place its extremely clean and facilities are new, My bed was comfortable and had reading light and plug by side. the room was air conditioned whichwas great.Free Breakfast on the roof was buffet and it was the best breakfast I had so far.Staff are very hospitable,wiling to help you anytime with directions tips andinfo about places.
Location is very good as well, its a bit hard to find it at but basicly its few minutes from Hagia Sophia museum. Roof top bar is coolplace for meet withother travelers and enjoy cold tukish beer in the end of the day.
Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2015

I had enjoyable 5 nights in this cute hostel.Very friendly staff of the hostel and nice people that ı met in this place turned up my istanbul visit beyond my expectations, Very nice free breakfast served on the roof overlooking boshphorus,Location of the hostel was very central and it was in walking distance to most of the populer places in istanbul.
Staff that always smile,make jokes, prepare free shisha,apple tea,cake,they also orginised free pub crawl.This hostel it wasthe most clean hostel I ever stayed at. Paid 16 euros a night in 6 bed dorm,airconditoned,comfortable beds, reading lightand plugs each bed whic was very convenience.Could not ask for more for what I have paid and Iwill definetly recomend to all budget travelers/my friends..

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I stayed here for 5 nights. This is the awesome place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. From the day one, I felt comfortable here. They provided me great amount tips and information on Istanbul.

The rooms are neat and clean, and of decent size. The terrace has a great view, and comfy seatings. Every morning breakfast upstairs was a great way to start the day. Their breakfast is awesome. For Turkish people, breakfast is the most important part of the day. I really enjoyed the Turkish breakfast here in the hostel.

The location of this place is unbeatable. Very close to Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, and other attractions. I walked almost every places for major sights.

One con is they don't accept credit cards, only cash. I would still highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

Nice rooms, small, clean, good shower- all you need for exploring Istanbul. Very close to Hagia Sophia and other attractions. Staff were always helpful and breakfast on the terrace was a great start to the day.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I was traveling with a friend who has a jewish family name and during check-in the staff (or owner??) made some really rude and unwarranted remarks about jewish people, to which my friend just ignored. Then when I asked about what time is breakfast, he laughed and asked "You want rice? chicken feet?" (I'm half-asian). Needless to say we immediately left and stayed somewhere else.

Do not support this establishment!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy D
travelhard72, Manager at Metropolis Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear Lovely Guest who actually never steped into the Metropolis Hostel,

After reading your review we basicly scaned all the security cams that located at reception ( Guest mentioned that she has arrived in May so we did not get lazy and we did scan whole records of the May ) and we realized that this is a made up story.But we still did not stop investigation and we thought this situation posibly could been taken in another place so we could find it out as we are strongly againist racism. We tried to cantact the guest via tripadvisor message service and she did not reply any of our questions So if this story is true than its a big mistake of you , Basicly our staff lovely and they would not do anything close to that even as a joke but you could write this by mistake for another place which has no security cam and people who worked there could be victom of the situation and they could have been fired after this becouse of your mistake.
While people are reading your review they will also read the other reviews writen by other guest in 8 different languages and from many different countryes and they will see that your review is fake /or sended to wrong location etc.

Please be careful next time with your reviews as this is a big responsibility. Reviews are not only for the establishments also for the feature travelers , the concept of those forums its make everything easier for travelers .

So only advice is not to attack people or their business so brutally unless it's based on facts.

Happy Travels