Marmara Guesthouse
Priceline
US$577
US$467
1,035 results
All reviewsrooftop terracehomemade jamsturkeyguest houseblue mosquequiet streettopkapi palacefree tea and coffeea great place to stayturkish breakfastrooms are cleanrestaurants and shopshome away from homewithin walking distanceexcellent locationairport pickupmajor sights
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Great budget option, perfectly located close to Sultanahmet Square. Lots of tourists, shops and restaurants in the area. The guesthouse has a very nice rooftop terrace with view to the sea. The staff was very nice and helpful, and the breakfast was especially generous and delicious!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Comfortable clean accommodation, great breakfast, very helpful staff, wonderful location. Amazing value for money. Laundry next door. Really can't find any negatives to say. Airport pickup service good value.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I loved this place! The family that runs it are all wonderfully nice and helped us enjoy the last couple days of our trip to Turkey. The guesthouse is well situated within walking distance of basically anything you'd want or need. We got a top floor room which was beautifully decorated and cozy. (I must make note of the blissful shower as well). Delicious breakfast, and most of it complementary - there are signs to tell you what is extra, but honestly, the free options are more than enough. No complaints- 100% recommend :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I had the great pleasure of staying at the Marmara Guesthouse during my recent two week visit to Istanbul. As other reviewers have noted, the location is fantastic ... easy walking to many sites (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Cistern, Arasta Bazarre, Topkapi Palace), and a short walk to the tram which will whiz you all around the city in minutes. at a minimal cost. The guesthouse is located on a quiet street, but one block away from Akbiyik Street with its many restaurants, cafes, shops, and grocery stores. The guesthouse is clean, welcoming and relaxed, with free wifi and tea and coffee throughout the day. Breakfast on the outdoor patio with a view of the Sea of Marmara was enhanced by the homemade jams! Best of all, the staff were cheerful, friendly, welcoming and helpful at all times. i enjoyed chatting with co-owner Elif, who regularly asked me how things were going and if I needed anything. I found her advice very helpful when dealing with the countless efforts by locals to sell me a carpet! Gokhan spoiled me, organizing day trips, providing local information, answering all questions promptly, and chatting with me about my visit. I usually plan my day trips myself, and was completely pampered on this trip! Three 'don't miss' trips organized by the guesthouse include Cappadocia, Troy and the visit to the Hamam, and there are many others available. All in all, a lovely stay at my new Istanbul 'home' with my new friends. See you next year???

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 14 March 2018

I stayed in Marmara guest house for one night & one day before I left Istanbul. I'd been contacted by the staff well in advance to find out more about my stay. So when I checked in late, the kind receptionist was very accommodating. My room was clean and there was wifi. I liked the room decor too- the canopy beds. The rooftop view was pretty amazing. Loved the breakfast. The neighboring street is full of restaurants that are open until late so I was able to go get some really good food even in the middle of the night, and shop for souvenirs. The location is great- took me about 10 mins to walk up to Hagia Sophia the next morning. I arranged for my airport shuttle pickup through the guest house, and that service was right on time as well. So overall think it was a great choice for a pit stop in Istanbul! I'd recommend for a longer stay as well!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo