All reviewsgrand bazaarjunior suiterooftop terraceapple tea and turkish delightturkish bathbeyazit tram stationblue mosqueold cityturkeyminute walkwithin walking distancebreakfast is servedevery morningthe hotel staffhagia sophiafantastic hotelside street
Reviewed 26 August 2017

When planning a trip to Istanbul, Turkey my goal was to stay in a family run hotel. The difference between a family run establishment and one that is a branch of a corporation is dynamic, The former's focus is on the guests visiting while the latter is meeting the requirements of non-resident owners.

My selection of Hotel Niles in Istanbul exceeded all my requirements. The staff was interested in me as an individual; numerous occasions reflect that trait.

Upon my arrival, the manager welcomed me by name. A small gesture but one which foretold the attitude of the entire staff.

On my first morning, while getting dressed, my belt broke. Carrying the pieces of the belt to the fifth floor cafe thinking the dining table would be a good platform for repair the item. Upon arriving at the cafe, Mehmet Yahsi, who seemed to be in charge of the cafe, immediately took the belt from my hand and led me to the food. The next time I saw the belt is when Mehmet returned repaired it at the end of breakfast.

Numerous incidents were encountered where the staff worked out a solution to what initially was considered a problem.

My query to the manager was where a gift could be purchased for a neighbor in the US. He recommended that I go to the nearby Grand Bazaar seeking a present. I was directed to take picture of the item and he would check with friends to determine if it could be purchased at a lower price.

Hotel Niles in Istanbul has an outstanding staff, excellent and clean rooms and located near the main attractions of the city. I highly recommend a stay at the hotel.

Cushendall

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Cushendall
Reviewed 24 August 2017

A good review will not even be enough to describe how great this hotel really is. It is in a great location (near everything in the Old City and a Tram station), the rooms are beautiful and comfortable, the breakfast is amazing (and has an amazing view!) and the staff is perhaps its greatest jewel. We were coming from a 10-day trip from Israel and Jordan and after constantly changing hotels and cities, this was the perfect place to call and feel at home. All staff members were super helpful and even sat down with us to help us plan our 7-day visit to Istanbul which included restaurants, neighborhoods and off course, sightseeing places. We went to Cappadocia for two nights and they even kept our luggage’s and organize our transportation from and to the hotel and airport. Upon return, we were upgraded to a Suite, which btw, are just wonderful! Seriously, whatever I write, will not be even enough to describe all the big and small details that made our stay wonderful! We were two women in Istanbul and they just genuinely took well care of us. This hotel is just an excellent choice for a visit to Istanbul! Thank you Camal, Sami and Deniz for everything! (I’m probably super misspelling your names, sorry!)

Room Tip: The suites are large and beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paola A
Reviewed 22 August 2017

I cannot rate this hotel high enough. The staff were amazing and went above and beyond to help and be friendly and kind. Nothing was a problem, and you get the feeling they all genuinely care about this hotel and the people that visit.
It is located in the old city, highly recommended as it immerses you in the culture. It is incredibly handy to all the great sites.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank mareer9
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is my first time to Istanbul. This hotel loactes near Beyazit in T1line which takes only 5-10 minutes to popular attractions by tram or on foot. Staffs are nice and helpful. Except providing city map with introduction, they are willing to provide quick help if needed. The room is also clean and comfortable with nice decoration. It's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I was in business several times recently in Istanbul and on my last visit I decided to stay for a further 3 nights to do some exploring. I decided on staying in the Old City area, because I wanted to be within walking distance to the main sights and also all the shopping! I definitely made the right choice with the Hotel Niles - just off Beyazit tram stop, so easy to reach by public transport - which I would recommend if possible as traffic is hectic in Istanbul - but at the same time the street is very quiet, especially at night when the traders pack up and shops close. So it was perfect for my needs. Comfortable room, lots of channels including BBC World on the TV, equipped with a kettle and teabags (important to me!) lovely roof terrace with sea views, nice breakfast buffet, and very importantly very friendly and helpful people running the hotel. When I go back to Istanbul I would definitely stay here again..!

Stayed: July 2017