All reviews great location gulhane tram stop sirkeci station walking distance grand bazaar second home cleaned every day the hotel staff turkey would recommend this hotel to anyone rooms are small public transport hagia sofia spice bazaar booked this hotel the hotel is clean call to prayer
Reviewed 21 February 2016

We had stayed at the Agan a few years ago and this time my mom, who's 70 was traveling solo. I booked at the agan again for her and she was really happy. She says the manager was very kind to her, and the rest of the men very helpful too, even when she spoke very little English and no Turkish. First night she got there, they didn't have any heating but I sent them an email and they took care of it immediately. Breakfast was plentiful and marvelous, at the Agan you will experience buffet style traditional Turkish breakfast, with fresh veggies, fruit, breads, granola and of course, yogurt, tea and coffee. We both recommend the agan hotel and I personally want to thank all the men who took care of my mom, we're patient with her and helped her when needed. I really appreciate this!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I satayed at this hotel for 28 nights and was made to feel so welcome. The staff were fantastic-nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel was very clean and the rooms spacious and welcoming. In honesty I had not expected it to be so great a the price I paid was verY cheap but wow was I surprised. I cannot tell you how kind the staff were. They would literally do anything to make their guests welcome. FANTASTIC!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank diane504
Reviewed 17 February 2016

The location is fabulous, 5-10 minutes walk from major attractions, lots of shops and restaurants around, also supermarkets opened till late. Breakfasts are amazing with huge variety to choose from. Free tea at all times, reception open 24 hours with very nice and always helpful staff. Rooms cleaned everyday, nicely furnished, cozy and comfortable. Huge king size beds in single rooms! Never slept better! I also loved my spacious bathroom with a shower which could easily fit 3 people at a time. Enjoyed very much the city view and really miss it! I would definitely stay there again and hope to do so in near future.

Room Tip: Top floors have an amazing city view. There are 6 floors with the lift up to the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daga F
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Third stay, third review (my only third TripAdvisor review), still like it ......

The downmarket Agan remains only the second Istanbul hotel I have revisited in almost ten visits to the city (the upmarket Marmara was on expenses but that’s a different story) and remains one of my favourites.

What’s the same ? Excellent location, spotless and really good buffet breakfast. Hotel was full during my stay – book in advance !

What’s changed since my visit last year ? The breakfast coffee I complained about on my first stay has improved and the substandard orange juice has disappeared from the breakfast buffet; the staff seem to have got have got even younger (except for the friendly receptionist, who is the same as ever, but of course fills a bigger role than just being the receptionist ....)

What can I add to my previous reviews ? One negative note. On booking I first booked for April instead of January - a silly typo (this leap year Wednesday 27th can be in January or April) but it was a non-cancellable booking.com transaction that I booked for April by mistake. Both booking.com and Agan claim the other makes it impossible to refund, though Agan will - now - let me change dates. All perfectly according to contract and all that so I have no formal cause to complain ... but for the record I cancelled some non-cancellable bookings on booking.com last year in Taiwan and never got charged a dollar. Or even a cent.

Room Tip: Of the three rooms I have tried 401 has been the largest
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Amstraveler
Reviewed 20 January 2016

We booked three nights in this lovely hotel and we were upgraded to a suite because our room was not ready. The staff were really nice and the hotel is in an excellent location. The hotel has an outside area where you can relax drinking a cup of their apple tea or smoking Shisha.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends