All reviews golden horn rooftop restaurant top floor great location beautiful roof terrace door step would recommend this hotel to anyone buffet breakfast night stay pleasant stay the air conditioning excellent hotel bosphorus basement sewage tl
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Center location. Cannot visit Istanbul without a walk to the Galata neighbourhood. Hotel is a nice location to end the day after visiting the Galata area. Small but very convivial terrace overlooking the Galata tower across the street.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

The most amazing location to begin with. Galata tower is on your door step and visible from your room, the downstairs coffee place or the upstairs restaurant. What a fairy tale !!!! Staff is very polite and speak good English. Very helpful with directions, calling taxi for us and all.
Overall perfect place walking distance to everything will definitely stay there again.
Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SwissCottage1
Reviewed 3 August 2018

This hotel has a wonderful location very close to Galata tower and from roof top restaurant great views over Golden Horn and Bosporous. It is worth in my opinion paying a bit more for a junio suite which gives you lots of room. View from our room on the first floor was of a building being renovated and a back alley so not worth looking. We had an itiial issue with the aircon controls and ongoing issues with the keycard that had to be rebooted 4 times in 1 week - glad we had only 1 floor to go up and down to get sorted. However my biggest complaint is the breakfast that falls well short of a 4* hotel. The choice was limited and never varied. Things such as melon and fruit youghurts, fruit juices ran out and were either not replenished or only very slowly. Adequate staff but some just drifted around. This place need some supervision and they seriously need to up their game to be that to be expected in a hotel of this star rating.

Room Tip: Make sure you are at the back as the front overlooks Galata tower and is very busy
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2018

After looking at many option in the Galata district of Istanbul I decided to try this hotel. I already had lunch, dinner and drinks at the restaurant on the top floor terrace of Anemon. The food, service and the view was excellent. You have a great view of the Bosporus and the Halic area. The hotel is very clean rooms ar superbly decorated, very classy and elegant. The price is very in line with same caliber hotels if not even a bit cheaper. The staff is knowledgeable, there are tons of restaurants nearby, the nigh life is great, the famous Galata Tower is almost at touching distance. I felt safe, comfortable and at ease in this place, highly recommend if you go to Istanbul.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Overall I really enjoyed this very old (135 years!) hotel that was renovated 15 or so years ago. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful, I liked my clean room, and enjoyed the rooftop restaurant so close to the Galata Tower. My only problem related to an issue unrelated to the hotel accommodations that I had with my credit card where I needed to call the US on a toll-free number to get things straightened out. I used the front desk phone because I couldn't call from my cell, but it was late at night so things were quiet. Unfortunately, it took 7 calls over two hours because I kept getting hung up on. When I finally was successful with my bank, I hung up and the Galata desk person informed me that I would be charged 250 Turkish lira (equivalent to $53) for the call. This really upset me as I'd just spent two very frustrating hours trying to get things fixed, and had no idea I'd be charged because it was an international toll-free number. I felt the hotel staff could have informed me earlier about this charge (apparently anytime any number is dialed in Turkey there is a charge), so I could have asked my bank to call me.

That said, I would definitely consider staying at the Anemon Galata again, but will try to clarify anything questionable ahead of time. (This was a very unusual situation.)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo