“Nice place”

Cuisines: Korean
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Neighbourhood: Beyoglu
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very good feel to the place. Cold drinks , friendly staff . We had a good time with friends . In fact spend a good time of the evening there. The place was packed with people and all seems to be having a good time.Well done !!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Been there for the korean spicy fried chicken.
The Turkish waiters speak Korean!
A little bit expensive, but dishes are really big.

A very nice place next to Taksim place.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Quite authentic Korean restaurant. Well, they only have gas barbecue and they have chairs. But these are the only issues making it different to a restaurant in Korea. Friendly staff, food is perfect, and prices reasonable. Also many korean customers. I enjoyed the time here and I will definitely come back!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Authentic Korean BBQ at its best right off Taksim Square. For those looking for it, just keep an eye out for Nippon Hotel nearby and find the street facing the big square in the direction of Gezi Park.

1  Thank Linggie_L
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Bumped into this place quite by accident while walking around Taksim area. If not for the Korean writing I would have passed it up. After a not so good experience with Gaya, I figured I would try it out. This place is the real deal folks. First of all when you walk in all you see eating in the place are Koreans. Good sign #1. Good sign #2, the whole place smelled of charbroiled meat, smoke and the lingering smell of kimchi. Good sign #3, the decor was unpretentious, a bit shabby, and decorated with no eye for style. Everything Gaya isn't! After a sigh of relief I sat down, looked at the menu and lo and behold--there were the items I blasted Gaya for not having. I saw galbitang beef rib soup. I saw hot and spicy fish soup, and of course bulgalbi (bbq spicy ribs). The menue was actually quite extensive. I was beginning to think this was too good to be true. But I ordered the galbitang--a strategy of mine when ordering from a new Korean restaurant. It's a fairly simple dish but it can be a good barometer of how well they will prepare their other dishes. It was delicious. And the obligatory side dishes were also good. And the kimchi was actually very hot (with spice), the way it is supposed to taste. Now I know why there were so many Koreans eating in the place. They know good authentic Korean cooking when they taste it.

The owner (a Korean woman) came over to the table to greet me. How's that for hospitality?
I left the place completely satisfied that I'd found a great Korean restaurant in Istanbul. Don't let the unpretentious look of the place scare you away. They are obviously not into style or giving tourists the clean, sanitized look of Gaya. What you will get is really authentically prepared Korean food--plain and simple. I highly recommend this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Paul P