See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Rooms are tiny and the description that the hotel offers a 24-hour room service is not correct. The hotel has no amenities. Location is good if you want to be near Taksin Square. Staff is not very professional.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

I am really glad that i chose this hotel
Location price staff cleanleness furnture quite every thing was amsizing for cuples though room was a bit small but it was a great stay
If ill go again i will stay there no dought :)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The Hotel LaVilla is obviously still new. The room was very tiny but stylishly decorated and clean. The beds are comfortable and the bedding cozy and fluffy. The staff are friendly. Breakfast isn't like in 5star hotels but it has a bit of everything you need and you can ask for other things and they will get them for you.
All in all a perfectly nice little hotel, in a good location. Only drawback is the room size.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed for 5 nights on a pre-paid reservation made through booking.com.
Due to a mishap (my fault) , I booked two rooms instead of one. I realized my mistake immediately and the management corrected the reservation without any charge, although they would have been entitled to charge the full amount.

Unfortunately, this is the only positive thing I can mention about the La Villa. A transfer from the airport had been requested and confirmed, but nobody stood waiting for us at the terminal. Our flight had a serious delay, but I had sent them a mail about that. So we had to wait for almost another hour for their van to arrive (with the benefit of hindsight, we should have taken a taxi - the potential rip-off could not have been worse than the 40,- € we had to pay).

We arrived at the hotel at about 11 p.m. and asked the receptionist for advice on restaurants. He directed us to "Beyruti", just around the corner, run by a friend... where we were got ripped off like bloody beginners. This is particularly regrettable, as hotel employees are usually a good source for clues on eateries.

Regarding the hotel, I wonder why some reviewers rave about the rooms: our street-facing double room on the sixth floor was smallish, there was no information about tourism, and aircon was a nuisance: draught and noise were of a level you would have expected three decades ago. So we switched it off, but had to realise that the room heats up pretty fast, even in the middle of the night. Opening the window is no option either: even if the street is more or less pedestrianized, the area is noisy due to a number of vans and busses dumping or picking up guests from neighbouring hotels.

Previous posters did not mention the bedding: I agree that this is a matter of personal preference, but in this case it was beneath contempt. Probably a synthetic foam mattress, and definitely a synthetic pillow. You might believe that you rest your head on a pillow, and guess what? An hour later you wake up on a sweat-drenched sponge. Another funny detail: for reasons even science cannot explain, they have a funny way of making the beds... as they put a blanket first and then the sheet on top of it. Let's just hope they change blankets when the room gets a new customer!

As we came back from dinner on our second night, we were intercepted by the receptionist requesting me to sign the credit card slip immediately. When I wondered why on earth he bothered me at midnight with this, he became rather rude, arguing that it was not his fault if his colleague had forgotten to ask for my signature upon checking in.

Concerning breakfast, we did not find it as lousy as some other reviewers (but maybe they have learned from criticism). It is unexciting, rather on 3 star level, but edible. If a double espresso is your way to start the morning, be aware that you will be charged 8 TRY per cup.

Most receptionists were quite helpful. However, if your own computer breaks down, there is no PC for guests.

Basically, if I was to return to Istanbul, I would definitely avoid the Taksim area and I wonder why people are attracted to this part of town. Apart from the top end of Istiklal Street, there is no major attraction in walking distance, making lengthy tram or cab rides unavoidable.

Regarding value for money, there must be better deals in Istanbul. We paid around 140,- € per night and I am pretty sure that for this price tag you can get better rooms in any major European city during August (with the possible exception of London)

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are even smaller than the street-facing ones.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YvesLuxembourg
Reviewed 28 August 2012

There are mixed reviews on this hotel. The truth lies between them, as always. The location is great, near Taksim Square. The hotel is indeed clean, new and neat. The staff is very helpful. The breakfast does suck and the rooms are indeed, tiny. However, the showers are new and great. The beds are new and nice. The bedding is new and nice. Overall, compared to some of the other hotels in the area, it is pretty nice. It is not bad for a boutique hotel in that area of Istanbul. Actually, its quite nice for that area of town. Have fun in beautiful Istanbul!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street, not the back of the hotel. The rooms are a bit larger and nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple