“Pudding Please!”
Review of The Pudding Shop

The Pudding Shop
Ranked #14 of 452 Nightlife in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: When it opened in 1957, the Pudding Shop was a gathering place and information center for travelers heading across Europe and Asia. Today, this city landmark offers food and drink to tourists and locals.
Reviewed 12 January 2018

During our city tour of Istanbul, we stopped here for some coffee as it was bitterly cold outside. Oh wow, the place was amazing, the people so friendly and service great. I would have loved to have lunch here, but our tour took us some place else. Will have to go back to have lunch here.....

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"basilica cistern"
"ramadan"

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I went there twice during my stay. The restaurant location is good. Near to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. I ate the beef kebab. It was nice but I think maybe it was quite dry for me. On the last day I went to eat sea gram. The fish was fresh and nice. The staff are friendly and they even gave me a free rice when I order the seafood menu.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Having always wanted to visit The Pudding Shop, as many other have after watching Midnight Express in my younger days, I was disappointed with what I found. No atmosphere and the service was not good at all. I think this was because I didn't choose to eat! Yes go there to kill your curiosity, but its the worst service I had anywhere in Istanbul.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The food is good. However it is all precooked. The service is very fast and the staff is friendly. Good location between the blue mosque and the Hagia Sophia. This is a restaurant and not really an attraction.