Open today: 07:00 - 23:00

from US$45.00
from US$92.57
from US$133.07
More Info
All reviews pudding midnight express ottoman cuisine meatballs yogurt doner kebab blue mosque turkish food sultanahmet area hagia sophia basilica cistern turkey icon ramadan
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I went there twice during my stay. The restaurant location is good. Near to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. I ate the beef kebab. It was nice but I think maybe it was quite dry for me. On the last day I went to eat sea gram. The fish was fresh and nice. The staff are friendly and they even gave me a free rice when I order the seafood menu.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Having always wanted to visit The Pudding Shop, as many other have after watching Midnight Express in my younger days, I was disappointed with what I found. No atmosphere and the service was not good at all. I think this was because I didn't choose to eat! Yes go there to kill your curiosity, but its the worst service I had anywhere in Istanbul.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The food is good. However it is all precooked. The service is very fast and the staff is friendly. Good location between the blue mosque and the Hagia Sophia. This is a restaurant and not really an attraction.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The oh so famous The Pudding Shop has turned in to a great restaurant with well priced standard Turkish food, buffet style. There are still at least three dessert style puddings on the menu, I particularly like the Vanilla.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank IngemarBj
Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a simple restaurant with really great priced, tasty and fresh Turkish and Ottoman cuisine. You can order from the menu or choose from a buffet of select dishes that are available immediately. Beer and wine was available and the waiters were welcoming and informative. This is a historic restaurant having served many decades of travellers hungry and thirsty from their travels on the silk road. It is located right by the Blue Mosque, The Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome.

Date of experience: August 2017