“Great standard Turkish food at a good price”
Review of The Pudding Shop

The Pudding Shop
Ranked #16 of 458 Nightlife in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: When it opened in 1957, the Pudding Shop was a gathering place and information center for travelers heading across Europe and Asia. Today, this city landmark offers food and drink to tourists and locals.
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The oh so famous The Pudding Shop has turned in to a great restaurant with well priced standard Turkish food, buffet style. There are still at least three dessert style puddings on the menu, I particularly like the Vanilla.

Date of experience: September 2017
"turkey"
"icon"
"ramadan"

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a simple restaurant with really great priced, tasty and fresh Turkish and Ottoman cuisine. You can order from the menu or choose from a buffet of select dishes that are available immediately. Beer and wine was available and the waiters were welcoming and informative. This is a historic restaurant having served many decades of travellers hungry and thirsty from their travels on the silk road. It is located right by the Blue Mosque, The Basilica Cistern and the Hippodrome.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

That is worst I have bad in Istanbul. The lamb chops were not fresh and re cooked and it cost 38 lira The chicken was tasteless and boiled. You need to pay extra for everything like rice bread yoghurt and tea that is free most of the places.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017

This took me back to my travels back in the 1970's. I selected my dishes from those on show, I was spoilt for choice. Once I had dined there, several more visits were made during my 7 day stay. Staff were very helpful.

Date of experience: July 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2017

This place is a total rip-off, living on it's location and history...
The food is not fresh. It's sitting there for at least the whole day if not more (we left the place at 10:30 pm, the staff left at the same time as us and there were tons of everything left behind)
The waiter, while clearing our table managed to pick the silverware we didn't use (or that looked like we didn't use) and put them back with the clean ones...
When I asked for the check, the waiter told me 85 TL. I handed him 100TL and while getting ready to leave, he came back running and told me he made a mistake, it was 150TL. I believed him and paid (That was our first dinner in Istanbul, I didn't know the prices). After 5 lunches and five dinners in Istanbul, I realized I have been cheated. We ate in far better places and never spent more than 100TL.
As a matter of fact, the pudding shop was the worst of all the restaurants we tried.

Date of experience: July 2017