All reviews rooftop terrace blue mosque yogurt hagia sophia family suite grand bazaar every morning charming hotel perfect location within easy walking distance standard room sultanahmet area old city breakfast was delicious spent nights main sites basilica cistern
Reviewed 24 September 2017

I booked this hotel directly for a stopover in July. I also arranged my airport/hotel transfers with them ...which went perfectly. This hotel is in a great location just behind the Blue Mosque/Arasta Bazaar and within walking distance to all the old town sights. The staff are great, I arrived early and was able to check in straight away, which was much appreciated. Great breakfast on a lovely rooftop terrace. Room was well appointed and very clean. Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The location of hotel is perfect. Breakfast here is so good. The room is bit small but cozy. There are many shops & restaurants & easy to access travel spot such as haiga sophia & blue mosque. Staffs are here friendly & helpful. But only negative side of hotel was poor wifi on 2nd floor. I stayed room number 206. My 2nights staying in hotel I never succeeded to connect internet. I asked different staffs they already known about the issue but couldn't solve.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Torn between booking a regular hotel and a boutique hotel, we chose Sari Konak for the kids to experience something different. We had booked a triple room (travelling with kids) and asked if we could upgrade. We were given a suite (502) which was a wonderful complimentary upgrade.
Pros
-The suite has a small entrance with 3 doors leading to a master bedroom, a room with twin beds and a bathroom. Although the rooms are small, they are comfortable and privacy was a added plus. Comfortable and newish furniture, laminated floors, good quality linen and towels and a pleasing color scheme.
-The bathroom is updated, modern and very clean with a hot shower. (If you don't find toiletries, look in the drawer under the sink)
-Suite is 3-4ft above ground level at the front of the hotel. We didn't have any noise issues.
-Location is terrific!!! Everything is a 2-3 min walk. Arasta Bazaar is just up the road. Night time the surrounding street look wonderfully festive with the road side restaurants.
- The management is very helpful and friendly.

Cons-
-The breakfast was really disappointing. No hot breakfast/eggs or borak. Cold hard boiled eggs, unappetizing cold meat cuts, and simit was cut into bite size pieces in a basket. The kids just had cereal and we had coffee with bread and cream cheese.
For such a wonderful place and such a wonderful breakfast place on the roof they should really improve the quality of breakfast.
-The housekeeping is a bit slow. 3rd day we returned at 3:30 pm (having left at 10:30am) and the housekeeping was only going to start our room but we were tired and just had the bathroom done. So if you plan to pop back in for a break, request an early clean up, I'm sure they will oblige.

If breakfast is not such a big deal for you, then I highly recommend this place for its modern bathroom, cleanliness and location!
Ladies heads up, the bedroom mirror is more of a feature as its tinted; so take along a mirror for makeup or use the one in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Suite 502 if you are a couple with kids or 4 people.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SF_LTTL
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

After 6 night, 5 rooms with my family. The hotel is near to blue mosque and aya Sophia and other museums. the hotel is mostly basic good for low budget couples but for sure they have bigger rooms. the breakfast should be upgraded it's the same daily. the staff is great helping all time with different stuff especially Mustafa
my advice: don't choose the standard room, you can't move inside.
be aware of fraud resturants in sultanhmet especially the one with no writing on it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank محمد أحمد ا
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Modest room, excellent value, excellent location, the most helpful and efficient desk clerk imaginable.we named him TopGun, since we could not quite catch his Turkish name)
Nice roof garden with a great view, very good breakfast.Walking distance to many top spots such as Haig Sofia.We would seek this small boutique hotel out again and recommend it without hesitation, most especially for the terrific price and attentive service.

Room Tip: we had a street facing room, no noise problem at all.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple