All reviews rooftop terrace blue mosque yogurt hagia sophia family suite grand bazaar every morning charming hotel perfect location within easy walking distance standard room old city breakfast was delicious spent nights main sites basilica cistern sultanahmet
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Charming hotel perfectly located within a 5 minute walk of the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia. The rooftop terrace was not technically open for service when we were there (end of March), however we were free to go up there with our own bottle of wine and enjoy the views of the Bosphorus, Golden Horn and the domed roof and minarets of the Blue Mosque. It was a wonderful place to relax at the end of the day. Oktay and Sardar, the front desk people, were so helpful in arranging taxi transportation from and to the airport. Just email them ahead of your trip and they will make the arrangements (we flew into Ataturk and flew out of Sabiha Gokcen). When we arrived, Oktay arranged a guide to meet us at the hotel; he spoke English, was knowledgeable, navigated getting us tickets so we were able to see Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, the cistern, grand bazaar and spice bazaar in a very full afternoon/early evening (and we didn't feel cheated on time at any of the locations, although I could have stayed longer at the Blue Mosque). The room was small by American standards, but very comfortable with an ensuite bathroom. The breakfast was delicious with a wonderful assortment of fruit, eggs, cheese, salami, yogurt with fresh fruit sauces. Nurgul (my American computer doesn't have the phonetic markings) was the one who served breakfast so graciously and made sure we had plenty. The price included breakfast and was very reasonable. This hotel was recommended to us by a friend who has stayed there frequently and I have to say it did not disappoint; it was a jewel!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2017

This was my first trip to Istanbul. so af first it was difficult to choose the location for my accomodation. it you are the person who likes historical places such as mosques and museums, I would highly recommend you to stay around this area.
it makes you be easy to get to the blue mosque and AYA sophia!
Even though this hotel was not a big and fancy one, they offer cozy and hearty feeling to visiters and customers. all staffs I'd met were so friendly and kind
and the breakfast restaurant was also nice and food was adequate.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I was very pleased with my seven night stay at Hotel Sari Konak. I was traveling solo so I booked the cheapest room available. I stayed in room 102, although a little small, it had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. It was very clean, had a room safe, nice bathroom, good wifi, and windows that opened to the cobblestone street below. The staff was friendly and very helpful, answering questions, offering good advice, and arranging tours and airport transportation. The included breakfast was very good, I left full every morning. I looked forward to Nurgul's genuine smile every morning! The location was great! The hotel and surrounding area was clean and felt very safe. There are many restaurants, shops and convenient stores near the hotel It is a very short walk to the Blue Mosque and hippodrome, Hagia Sofhia, Topkapi Palace, and the Basilica Cistern. The Grand Bazaar, Spice Market and Galata Bridge were easy walks. This is a perfect choice for a budget hotel in a great location. When I return, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Very nice comfortable hotel for easy walk and visit to the old city of Istanbul. Staff extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable and have nice character. Beds comfortable and offer nice sleep. Basic breakfast offered. Price is right. No hesitation in booking for budget stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank tjwb71
Reviewed 1 April 2017

I booked 2 rooms & spent 4 nights in this hotel. It was very cosy. The services provided were excellent. We were grateful for the guidance provided by Mr Okie Dokie & Mr Mustafa. They were kind to draw us maps & gave specific direction to shops & restaurants nearby. They made us really felt welcomed.
Ms Nurgul was like a superwoman. She prepared breakfast and cleaned our rooms. She even remembered our preferences for hot drinks. That was really cool!
The free WiFi signal was stable for us to use our mobile devices.
The hotel is located within walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and other attractions. There are many restaurants and shops selling souvenirs around the area too.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street seem more spacious, ie: room 102 or 103. There is no cable channel provided.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family