All reviews rooftop terrace blue mosque yogurt hagia sophia family suite grand bazaar every morning charming hotel perfect location within easy walking distance standard room old city breakfast was delicious spent nights main sites basilica cistern sultanahmet
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We spent a week in this small hotel in wonderful Istanbul.
The room was kept clean and fresh, the breakfasts were delightful and the location great.
Situated in Sultanahmet - the old quarter with it's cobbled streets, it was just a stroll away from a variety of good restaurants and also the main attractions such as the Blue Mosque, Sophia etc. From the Sophia a short tram ride to the Grand Bazaar.
It was the helpful and friendly staff who made our stay so enjoyable. Couldn't fault this Hotel for value and comfort. They even welcomed our friends who came looking for us one day with a cup of tea until we returned from shopping. L & M Macaskill Auckland NZ

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lomalAucklandNZ
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Quite simply, Sari Konak is my home away from home when I am visiting Istanbul. Managed by brothers Murat and Umit Okan, the friendly and unobtrusive staff exemplify the inherent hospitality of the Turkish people. Tucked away on a small street, the beautifully restored Ottoman mansion is strategically located in the heart of Sultanahmet, just a short walk from dozens of key historic landmarks.

When I return to Sari Konak after a busy day of sightseeing and shopping, the cozy atmosphere offers a quiet refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city. Subtly showcasing the arts and handicrafts of Turkey, the interior decoration transports the guest to another time. And few rooftop views can rival this charming hotel’s panorama of the Blue Mosque and the Sea of Marmara. But for me, the exquisite garden with its archeological artifacts, trickling fountain, and beautiful flowers may be one of the best features of Sari Konak. Nestled within a tall stone wall, this retreat presents a wonderful ambience for a savory Turkish breakfast or an afternoon cup of tea.

Time after time, I return to Sari Konak—and always will—because the hotel provides soothing comfort to reinvigorate the weary traveler.

2  Thank texanandturk
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We were quite pleased with our stay at the Hotel Sari Konak. Our rooms (602 and 603) were in the new addition and were spacious, clean and comfortable. I was surprised at how quiet it was given the location. I enjoy hearing the call to prayer, but some mornings I guess I was sleeping soundly enough that I didn't even hear it. The staff were quite friendly and helpful and the roof deck is a wonderful bonus. The view is outstanding and there is comfortable furniture. We spent a couple of hours just reading and relaxing there before heading out to dinner. I highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ved
Reviewed 6 July 2009

This is a gem of a boutique hotel. My wife and I spent a week here at the conclusion of a recent cruise. Its' location couldn't be better as it sits on a lovely street in the Sultanamet district less than a five minute walk from the major sites (Blue Mosque, Haga Sofia, Toipkapi, Cisterns, Hippodrome etc) and the marvelous Istanbul tram system.
The rooms are beautifully decorated with large bathrooms, effective air conditioning and comfortable beds. The complementary breakfast was delicious and a perfect time to hear stories from the owner about the ancient palace wall that is part of the courtyard or share tips with fellow guests. The rooftop terrace bar has just finished a major redo with new furniture and awnings. And here is where you will find the really special part of the Sari Konak....the breath taking view from here. To one side is the Blue Mosque set against the sky at sunset and so close you think you can touch it. To the other is the Bosporus with Asia glittering in the background. A drink here at the end of the day is our most treasured memory.
The neighborhood is filled with wonderful restaurants...especially the fish house up on the corner with live music and fantastic food. There is good shopping right in the area and especially the small bazaar just below the Blue Mosque with better than normal quality goods.
The owners and their amazing staff are the best part of the hotel...their willingness to share their knowledge of this great city, helpfulness in dealing with problems big and small like lost cab drivers and the warm hospitality made for a memorable stay.

2  Thank News4you
Reviewed 5 July 2009

We did not stay in this hotel when we were in Istanbul in june,but found it when we were wandering around the area,The outside looked so appealing that we popped in to have a look, and the man at the desk could not have been more helpful. We went up to the roof terrace and the views are outstanding. Obviously we did not look in the rooms, but the public areas were beautiful,well kept and gleaming, but the staff seemed to have such pride in their hotel that I really do wish we had stayed there.The immediate area is so lovely too,convenient for all the sights,plenty of bars and restaurantsnearby.

1  Thank ayrshirelass