“A wonderful gem hidden away in Sultanahmed”
Review of Hotel Sari Konak

Hotel Sari Konak
Ranked #174 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 November 2008

We so much enjoyed our stay in October 2008 at your hotel. Your location so close to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi is superb. You are within walking distance of some of Istanbul's key attractions.

We toured Istanbul from this convenient location in all direction, including the street car out to Kabatas. Another convenience in exploring Istanbul.

The weather was perfect for late October with 21 degrees and sun for almost all of the time.

The little restaurants all around you are so very nice too. We particularly enjoyed your roof terrace and the absolutely incredible view from it of the Blue Mosque on one side and the Bosporus on the other. We also want to commend your attractive breakfast room and the breakfast selection you offer.

Your attentive staff, the helpful front-desk and attractive room all count as part of our enjoyable visit. We will recommend you to our friends for their visits to Istanbul. You are truly a hidden gem in the beautiful Sultanahmed district!!!!

Regina and Klaus Doose, Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaydeedee

Reviewed 26 October 2008

I took my boyfriend here for a special surprise weekend.We stayed for 3 nights in Suite #503, which was huge. It had so much space and felt like a honeymoon suite.
It was our first time in Istanbul and the staff were very helpful in recommending places to go. They made restaurant reservations for us and we walked to some excellent restaurants and ate delicious food outside watching the world go by.
The hotel was in an ideal location for sightseeing-we did not need any taxis but used trams and walked everywhere.
Something needed fixing in our room,and this was dealt with straight away. The staff were so friendly and helpful.
We loved our romantic stay at this superb hotel,and would certainly recommend it as the perfect hotel for your first visit to Istanbul.
Alicia and Owen

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K1W115
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I stayed at this delightful place twice this month. The first time was for one night, tired and jet-lagged after the long haul from Australia and having broken my reading glasses on the plane!. Not only did Mustafa on the desk (sorry if I have mixed up the names!) upgrade me to a suite at no extra cost but, given that during the day he is an optician, he effected a repair on my glasses! Returning for a 5 night stay with my daughter later in the month we had a twin room (205) which was roomy, clean and quiet with one of the quietest air conditioners I have ever encountered in a hotel room. I even ended up opening the window at night so as to not miss the morning call to prayer which I loved hearing. Sitting on the roof top terrace was lovely (apart from being thrashed at scrabble by the afore-mentioned daughter) and the breakfast room facing on to the courtyard was gorgeous - better than many a 5 star property I've stayed in. Breakfast was included and was bountiful and delicious. During my second stay I was becoming unwell with the flu and the staff sent up pots of hot water so I could make herbal tea - also at no cost. I think anyone who has complaints about the sari konak has ridiculously high expectations. I was unable to fault it and in particular would like to praise the efficiency, kindness and good humour of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Maxineintassie
Reviewed 23 October 2008

Lived up to all the reviews: great location, marvelously friendly and helpful staff, and splendid breakfast buffet. I particularly enjoyed Sedar Cengiz, the night receptionist. Given the 10 hr. time difference between LA and Istanbul, he usually responded to my emails. He was very helpful setting up my reservations -- his replies were prompt, complete, and clearly written. When I got there, I went down to meet him. He was just as delightful in person. I often have trouble sleeping so I went down several times to read in the lounge and ended up chatting with him. He answered all my questions about things to do and see, and made a number of helpful suggestions. In addition he was fun to talk to about the country and the people. My only complaint was that in our standard room (which we had to shift to half way through our stay due to our late booking), the toilet seat was not securely fastened, so one tended to slide around a bit.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 October 2008

We stayed at the Sari Konak for four nights and our deluxe room didn't look anything like the pretty photos on their website. It was on the small side which is okay but it looked like a hospital. Everything was done in dead white....the furniture, walls, curtains, bedspread. The bathroom had alot of broken and dirty tile, mildew smell, and the bathtub was painted, not glazed. I would have gladly paid more for a suite than be overcharged for what we had. Frustrating because we had booked months ahead. On the plus side, the Sari Konak does have a nice atmosphere and a superb location for sightseeing. The staff was cordial and helpful, and called reliable taxis for us. Breakfast is generous. The free internet service is a huge plus.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family